• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE air inlet duct hose removal

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

tadw001
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Marion MA

Albin 28 TE air inlet duct hose removal

Post by tadw001 »

Hi All

Recently purchased a 28TE flush deck. The duct hoses for the air intakes were in bad shape and had water in them both fore and aft. I removed all of them. Seems like these direct salt water directly into the motor compartment when in heavier seas. I understand getting air to the motor is important. I am thinking of removing the hoses and leaving the vents open. The flush deck I have has vents at the top of the gunnels forward of the house pillars, below the rub rail aft of the house structure and three vents in the gunnel rod holder molds. Both to port and starboard.

My question is has anyone removed the hoses? And if so did it have any negative effects?
Harp31
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wickford

Re: Albin 28 TE air inlet duct hose removal

Post by Harp31 »

Have the same issue and curious to hear if anyone else has removed.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Even with diesels it's a good idea to get the air low in the bilge from the hoses. I replaced with new. We carry gas for our dingies and gens so as unlikely as the vapors getting in the bilge I'd keep them. The cooler air down low establishes better air changes in the engine area as well.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
tadw001
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Marion MA

Post by tadw001 »

Thanks for the info Catalina_mike. I will keep then and plan on replacing the hoses and adding 4-inch round plastic vent screens to the ends of each hose and securing the vent lines to aim towards the stern in an attempt to keep salt spray and mist from hitting the motor mounts and transmission directly

Return to “Albin Maintenance”