• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

CHESAPEAKE RENDEZVOUS MOVED TO HERRINGTON HARBOUR NORTH

Coordinator:
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

It's official. THE RENDEZVOUS LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED TO HERRINGTON HARBOUR NORTH. All of the response I have received is in favor of this change and both marinas have been very cooperative in making the change. This requires some action on the part of each of you who plan to attend.

1) MAKE A RESERVATION AT HERRINGTON HARBOUR NORTH - The number is 800-297-1930 and our contact is Megan Hines. The rate is $2.00 per foot plus electric and there is a BoatUS discount on Friday. Be sure to identify yourself as part of the AOG Rendezvous.

2) CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION AT HERRINGTON HARBOUR SOUTH - The number is 410-741-5100 ext. 120. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION SO THAT YOU DON'T GET CHARGED.

For anyone who needs land based accommodations, the Anchored Inn is about a mile from the marina. Their number is 410-867-9668. This is a small hotel, so make your reservation early. A mile is not a bad walk, but ask them about the availability of transportation between there and the marina (taxi, UBER, etc.). You may also want to check Air B&B for other options in the area.

I look forward to seeing all of you. I will post further details on our agenda later this week. Please continue to post your intention to attend and include the number of people in your party.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: CHESAPEAKE RENDEZVOUS MOVED TO HERRINGTON HARBOUR NORTH

Post by DCatSea »

Georgia and I will slip down the creek on Saturday AM. We are normally berthed about 100 yards from the Anchored Inn, so can provide a ride (it's all of a mile) if anyone would rather not walk down. Coordinate times as needed. Apparently the new bar at AI is very pleasant, and there is a good pool. I will check out the bar this week.

We expect to overnite Saturday at HHN.

Question: are we still looking at potluck etc?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Severn River, Annapolis, MD

Post by 902dlw »

We will be coming by boat, but understand that the new Anchored Inn is excellent. Good reviews on Yelp. I think water views.

Vicki Lathom and Barry Miller
2002 Albin 36 ET
Balboita
Annapolis
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

Attempted to move my reservation today. HHS said the list has been taken to HHN. I called HHN to verify and did not quite get success. They may be in process. They took my name and said not to worry. I am sure this will work out.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

We are having some work done on the boat in Cabridge so on Saturday (maybe Friday depending on completion) we will cross the Bay and join the group at HHN. BTW, just called and spoke with a Diane and there was no trouble with the reservation.

We have stayed there, once last year, and besides the confusing entrance, it is a nice spot. We were up by the pool then.

I remember a restraunt just outside of the marina which wasn't bad. Restrooms were clean and well appointed.

I understand about 7 boats are scheduled for Friday and about 11 on Saturday. A nice turnout similar to those with the MTOA.

Look forward to meeting some in the group.

P.S. I'll be flying the AOG Burgee (bow in orientation).
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
Remedy322
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Knapps Narrows, Tilghman, MD

Post by Remedy322 »

Hey Guys,
Remedy will be coming Saturday morning for the night, looking forward to it!
Dave and Jean

Return to “10th Annual Chesapeake Rendezous - 2016”