• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2016 rendezvous

Coordinator:
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: 2016 rendezvous

Post by Serenity »

Rob, I thought the foul weather plan was to hang out on your mega yacht Chris Craft. Non-attendees, the personalized tote bag is $40.00.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

I'm still on the fence regarding the Rendezvous, but would gladly pay a tote,boat name is Emerald C's,,,,Pete. (Pedro is my log in)
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote:Rob, I thought the foul weather plan was to hang out on your mega yacht Chris Craft. Non-attendees, the personalized tote bag is $40.00.
Yes that is MY plan, to lounge back on the sofa and watch y'all running around in rain gear
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Hey my back roof keeps the cockpit super dry:p. Im not worried about a lil rain...lol
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Pedro, I m putting in the order for the bags on June 15. I will put you in at "Emerald C's". at $40.00 if you come, n/c. Get off the fence and join the group.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Seahorse
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton, CT

Post by Seahorse »

After over 1,800 posts I am not sure who is really coordinating the rendezvous but please include "Seahorse". Allen and I have just purchased an Albin 32+2 and are looking forward to meeting other Albin owners. We have our reservations, plan to bring charcoal, and look forward to a new bag!!!! I might have missed a few emails but so far this looks like a "really exciting" event! Our home port is Groton, CT. We will be traveling Friday afternoon. Looking forward to the schedule for the weekend!
Sharon & Al
Mpayne
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stamford CT

Post by Mpayne »

We made our reservations at Treasure Cove for the weekend of July 22. Looking forward to it..wish I knew who the organizer was? Anybody want money to defray expenses? Who?

Meyrick and Donna Payne
Ancora
Albin 32 +2
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Serenity has been the one setting everything up
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Meyrick. Since I have selectively been "volunteered" to set up the rendezvous, Treasure Cove is not charging me. That is why I am providing the tote bags at no charge for all boaters that attend. I appreciate your offer, however there are no other costs except what you, your crew, the rest of the sailors consume and eat. I am still trying to come up with a theme. I was contemplating a Hillary, Bernie and Trump debate, but my server went down. We could do a pirate rum fest, but Johnny is not available. I was thinking an Olympic track and field theme, but Bruce is not up to it. Probably a "come as you are" bar b q on Saturday. I have to talk to Chelsea at Treasure Cove about more tables to handle the crowd. As long as the Trump protestors don't arrive, we should be ok.

I will be updating as get closer to the date.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Mpayne
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stamford CT

Post by Mpayne »

if Hillary is not available for your Trump rally you could try Sharapova. she is short of stuff to do for the next two years!

see you in Riverhead
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Sharapova in a heart beat. Drugs, steroids I don't discriminate. Perhaps The Don should make her his running mate!
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Ugh, enough with the political crap, the reason we have boats and these type of websites is to get away from that stuff... :evil:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

The following boats have made reservations for the 2016 Rendezvous, July 22-July 24 at Treasure Cove Marina:

1. Serenity 28TE
2. Shady Lady 28TE
3. Seahorse 34
4. Midnight Rambler 36
5. Southern Cross 28TE
6. Doghouse 28TE
7. Tenacious 36
8. Joint Venture 31
9. Winedown 35
10. Ancora 32

The tote bags will be ordered today with the above names on the bag. If I have the spelling incorrect, please e-mail asap. Although Pedro is not attending, he will be paying $40.00 for his personalized bag.

The theme this year will be Jimmy Buffett. That means ripped shorts, t-shirts, sandals and margaritas.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at maxofliny-aol/com

Enjoy and to quote one our members "drinking before 10 am does not make you an alcoholic, but a pirate"
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

treasure cove 6-23-2016 10-52-19 AM.JPG
DSCN1265.JPG
DSCN1264.JPG
The bride and I took a ride out to Treasure Cove yesterday to check out the facilities.
1. The transient dock is a floating dock. At mean low water, the depth is 4 feet. The water is brackish and is fed by the Peconic River.
2. The power pedestals have , 30 amp, 50 amp, telephone outlets (for those individuals that have a land line on their yacht) and a cable outlet.
3. They only have one shower per bathroom. The bathrooms are very clean.
4. The pool is a 3 minute walk from the dock. The pool is part of the Hyatt. At the pool is a Tiki bar that also has an extensive menu. There will be live music Friday and Saturday.
5. I am working on allowing our group to use a pavilion which is part of the Hyatt. I will update the attendees when I have a firm answer.
6. If all attendees could forward to me their Captain and crew names. it would be helpful on determining how many tables and chairs the group requires.

It is only four weeks to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

Max,

Winedown mates are Annette and David. I guess prop will be in the mud at low tide at no extra charge!

David

Return to “10th Annual Northeast Rendezvous - 2016”