• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Coordinator:
dennisspain
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle, Washington

Re: Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Post by dennisspain »

Mike I will join you for both the BBQ and dinner Saturday night.
Journey
1982 36' DC
An endless restoration project
Olympia Washington
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by Mike Almvig »

I am in La Conner. 6 boats are here tonight and we just some of us just had a nice dinner at the La Conner Brewery.

I will have my laptop and will be checking for messages/updates throughout the rendezvous.

The marina has placed cards at each dock place with the name of the registered boat on them. If you are coming in, let me know and I will try to update you on if you are a Starboard or Port tie up. We are on F dock, which is the outside dock at the South end of the marina.

Reminder - Salmon Bar-B-Que Friday night at 6PM. Please bring a dish to share. I will supply the salmon, sodas, garlic bread, paper plates, etc. I will take donations. Say $20 per boat or if you are boating solo ($10)?

Dinner at Nell Thorn - 5PM Saturday. I need a head count for that to turn into the restaurant Saturday morning, so I will be checking with everyone as they get in.

It is beautiful here. Wonderful conditions at the moment. Can't wait to see everyone!

Mike
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

What a great rendezvous! Mike and his family (Jeff, Deane and Diane) planned and supported a fun event!

La Conner, always a good venue, was perfect. Deane is an excellent chef, cooking the salmon for Friday's Salmon Bake expertly. And Saturday's dinner for 26 at Nell Thorn Restaurant was thoroughly enjoyable.

We had ten boats of all sizes and ages at the rendezvous. And this time we got to see Dennis' restored 36 trawler. We met some folks that were new to the rendezvous and got reacquainted with those we had seen in the past. Unfortunately a number of long time participants, Pat, Howard, Val, Alice and others weren't able to be there. We hope to see them next year or at our traditional boat show dinner.

Mike, however, deserves special thanks for his commitment to making the rendezvous a success. Thank you, Mike!

I am posting three photos and hope that others will add some.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

Thanks for a Great Weekend everyone. Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Jan and I just got back home after a great trip to the SJs and a wonderful time at the gathering....big THANKS to Mike and all who helped make this a super get together. Looking forward to next year already.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

We are up in the Broughtons now in Kwatsi Bay. Many thanks to Mike, his dad, brother and sister in law. It was really fun, and our friends who are cruising with us really appreciate the good folks in the group.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Mike and family. Fine job for all. This has to be my last year to be unable to attend. Sea Knoll will arrive this next week finally. It will be a week getting back togeher but so far is making the trip fine from RI/Ct.
Did you catch all those fine salmon in the pictures/
Howard
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

For those of you that heard about my side window breaking while we were in LaConner, I am happy to report it has been replaced. I made a pattern and had the glass company temper it. It actually fits!

Now that that is out of the way I am back to fishing. Albeit a very short season I did very well this year.

We plan on heading to the SanJuans on August 15.
Be safe. Fish On <*{{{{{><
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
dennisspain
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle, Washington

Post by dennisspain »

Greg
You mean that the window wasn't broken by an attack by angry locals, but was caused by that ginormous flying fish. I'm going to have to be more vigilant in those waters. :wink:

And to everybody else, especially MIKE and family, I had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Dennis
Journey
1982 36' DC
An endless restoration project
Olympia Washington
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

MIke: I am at the boat in Anacortes. Are you around for breakfast or lunch?
Howard

Return to “6th Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2016”