• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Coordinator:
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Post by whwells »

Mike: Just to confirm Pat & I will be in attendance. Flattery is 45 plus with dingy. We are slip prepaid per our breakfast last month.
whwells "Howard"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Mike Almvig,

We won't be attending the PNW rendezvous this year. We were at the 2014 rendezvous in Roche Harbor, one of only two A25's that showed up. This time we'll be up in Desolation Sound (hopefully) during that 2nd week of July. But we will be knocking around the San Juans the last two weeks of June before we head over to Sidney on June 30 or July 1 & on up. Might even try to dock in Sidney & take a bus down to Victoria for the Canada Day festivities.

We'll have a little 2 boat flotilla going with friends who are bringing their O'Day 25 sailboat up from Flagstaff, AZ. But we'll be on the water a few days ahead of them, so we might have time to motor down to Anacortes. We're launching from Bellingham mostly because it's a little closer to the Gulf Islands but mainly because Squalicum Harbor offers free long term truck & trailer parking. Do you happen to know of any ramps in Anacortes where they have that same option? We anticipate cruising the 2nd half of June, all of July, and some if not most of August before we haul out and drive back to Phoenix. Wish we were up there right now, we're supposed to get record heat this weekend in Phoenix, possibly up to 114. Summers are always hot here, but 114 in the first week of June is ridiculous. At least we're not getting flooded like Texas.

PM me with your contact info. Maybe we can meet up or stop by in Anacortes for a short visit around June 15th or 16th on our way up to Bellingham?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

Hi Everyone. It's hard to believe it is June already. Some how I have not been getting these notifications so I have not responded to any of the deadlines. Stephanie and I are in for the Rendezvous if it is not too late to sign up. Sorry for the delay. We have the TE31 (35' overall). Let us know if there is still room.

Thanks, Talk to you soon.
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

MIKE: Thank you for putting the meet together this year. Flattery is under contract and will likely close next Wed. Great boat but too much money and I will be happy to moving on. Glad to report I should be returning to the Albin family of boats and more in keeping with my semi retirement income. The next boat looks to be a 2005 Albin Express Trawler 36. She is at least 40' with the dingy although that may or may not be installed by the event. Just leave us in the 42 spot originally requested for Flattery. That is the same boat as John Reynolds in or Pacific NW Group.
Wondering how many have signed up for the event so far. Hoping the Albin will splash in Anacortes mid June. She is Sandy Lee from Rhode Island and will be trucked out. Working on a new name. Have enjoyed working with the current AOG member Lee on the purchase and sale of her.
whwells "Howard"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

DesertAlbin736: Just saw your posting of non attendance at this years meet. Sorry to hear and that you are already in the NW at that time. We enjoyed meeting and seeing you in 2014. Do stop in a say Hello.
whwells "Howard"
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Mike I'm going to call the marina to put in my deposit today.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

DesertAlbin736: Just saw your posting of non attendance at this years meet. Sorry to hear and that you are already in the NW at that time. We enjoyed meeting and seeing you in 2014. Do stop in a say Hello.
whwells "Howard"
Just a matter of bad timing. We'll be on the water in Bellingham on June 18 or 19, possibly as early as later in the day of the 16th. Then we knock around the San Juans until the end of the month when we head for Sidney around June 30 or July 1 to start up through the Gulf Islands to Nanaimo & cross over to Secret Cove & on up to Desolation. Depending on weather windows that puts us in Desolation Sound between July 7-10. We'll likely also miss the Albineers of BC rendezvous in Ladysmith the same weekend you have yours. But there's an outside chance we could drop in to Ladysmith on the way back, but not likely as we'd probably want to spend more than a week in Desolation. Wish you guys could try to coordinate with the BC group. We wanted to go to their rendezvous last time too, but it was the same weekend as the Roche Harbor meet, and you're scheduled the same weekend as theirs again. Maybe if we're lucky we'll run across a few of them, maybe the other Canadian A25 "Tradition" that was at the 2014 rendezvous.

Reason we're hanging around the SJs for so long before heading up into BC is that we're tied in with some friends who are bringing their O'Day 25 up from Flagstaff and doing a little flotilla with us. They'll be arriving a couple days later to launch their boat, and another friend is flying up from Phoenix to meet in Bellingham and crew with until June 29th or 30th when he has to fly home and go back to work (not retired like us). We may be able to drop him off in Sidney & have him take the ferry back to Anacortes & catch a shuttle back to the Bellingham airport. The O'Day is a 5 knot boat, so it may take us a little longer than usual to get to Desolation, especially since the O'Day skipper is very reluctant to run the Iron Genny.

Here's our little "flotilla" on Lake Pleasant this past February. "Panacea" is unusual for an O'Day 25, it has a Yanmar 2GM10 diesel with Saildrive lower unit & folding prop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Mike: Yes, Thursday should be fine. Hopefully, others will come out of the woodwork soon. I think Dave has our past participation list. Maybe a special note to those would get them interested and going. LaConner is a great spot just the competition of other family summer events.
Howard
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

DesertAlbin736: Dave and I have both tried to workout a combined Rendezvous with the BC Albineer's in the past. We don't seem to get to the right people. I think they do Roche on a regular basis although perhaps not annually. That might be a possibility but not this year. If you have contact with the one's who make the decisions on the when and where have then contact Dave, John, Mike or myself. We would want to try again.
Enjoy the far NW. Would love to be there now.
Howard
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by Mike Almvig »

Here is the list I have so far for the Rendevouz -

I checked with the Marina tonight. I have you marked down as paid/not paid based on their information (first night only). We will have a Bar-B-Que Friday night and dinner at a restaurant Saturday. I need 26 people to hold the reservation for the restaurant. I have 18 and that is an unconfirmed list.

BOAT - Skipper - # People at Saturday Dinner - Payment Status (First Night)

Amazing Adventure - KIRCHER - 2 people - Paid
Flattery - Wells - 2 people, Please confirm - Paid
Drifter - Almvig - 6 People - Paid
Blue Moon - Reynolds - 2 People - Not Paid
Metondia - Shea - 2 People - Paid
Blue Heron - Schuler - 2 People - Not Paid

I have a list from last year of email addresses. I will send out a blast to those shortly to see if we can get more boats. There is space at the dock so we probably are good so far.

More to come....

Mike Almvig
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Well.... I thought I had an email list, but all I have are Vessel Name, AOG Name and Crew name. So anyone got an email list we can use to send out information on the rendezvous? We still need about 8 people to keep our dinner reservations and it would be good to know how much salmon I need to come up with.

We plan to Bar-b-que salmon on Friday night. I am also going to ask other boaters to bring along a dish. Hopefully some salads, deserts, etc....

Mike
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

RE Albineer's of BC rendevous schedule.

It's here: http://www.albinbc.com/home/social-calendar

They've scheduled one gathering a month all summer except for August, each in different locations in the Gulf Islands or Vancouver Island. We've already missed the first two. Unless our schedule changed drastically we'll miss the July meet in Ladysmith, and we'll be off the water & back home by September 9.

Anyway, you guys have fun & post some pictures. We should be able to post a few pictures from Desolation that same weekend, since we now have smart phones & internat'l calling/data plan.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Well I tried to send email to as many folks as I could get information on. I have also tried to reach some folks through PM'ing here.

Hopefully many more will get word on the rendezvous in La Conner.

Feel free to update any contact information with me via PM. I won't SPAM anyone, just let them know what is happening regarding our summer get together.

Mike
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

As of today we are at 7 boats and 20 people confirmed for the rendezvous. I need 6 more to lock in our dinner reservations on the 16th.

The restaurant is Nell Thorn --- http://www.nellthorn.com/

For those interested in checking it out. Bring a couple of friends! I am!

Mike
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

Alice and I are planning to go, unless a trip gets in the way. That's two more on Reel Flyer.

Return to “6th Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2016”