• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2017 Chesapeake Rendezvous

June 23rd - 25th - Zahniser's Marina
Coordinator: Vicki Lathom and Barry Miller (902dlw)
http://www.zahnisers.com
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: 2017 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Post by DCatSea »

David and Sheila

Thanks for the note. We are sorry Mazboot won't be there, but these things happen. Upside is that we should be in fine condition for some longer cruising once the mechanics have finished their magic.

We may also have a look at coming into the Potomac this year. Depends on timing of some family visits (from UK and Australia, so they have right of way)
Last edited by DCatSea on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
abellch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, Va

Post by abellch »

I regret to inform my fellow Chesapeake Albineers that Deb and I will be unable to attend the Rendezvous. Deb has broken a bone in her foot and Blu Bay Ewe is in the yard. As they say, things just ain't working out right now. Best wishes to all, hope to see you next year.
ron9292
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Aquia Creek, Virginia

Post by ron9292 »

hey Pandora and Ron will be there Saturday for sure. Friday is up in the air.

We are so disappointed that Mazboot is laid up for the moment. Mazboot has a good season of boating ahead of her. She is looking great!

See you there

Hey can someone tell us what to bring? We have not planned anything.

thanks

Ron and Pandora
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Severn River, Annapolis, MD

Post by 902dlw »

AGENDA FOR RENDEZVOUS

Friday: 4 pm, start happy hour on lawn under tent. Make informal arrangements to go to dinner. I love Dry Dock on Zanhiser's campus, but it's a small, popular restaurant requiring reservations: 10 tables for 4 and one for 6 inside, and 10 tables on deck overlooking harbor. I'll go ahead and try to reserve one for 6. There are also many other restaurants nearby.

Saturday: 5:30 pm start setting up for cookout under tent. There are tables and chairs already there. Also, charcoal grills. Lou and I plan to get some hamburgers, etc., from the local grocery.

Sunday: checkout is 12:30. For any interested, Dry Dock serves brunch, 10 am to 2 pm.

Vicki and Barry
Balboita
RLea2000
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Pasadena

Post by RLea2000 »

Greetings,

I'm in the process of purchasing an Albin 28 TE as we speak and would like to attend the Saturday evening event if possible to meet and great fellow enthusiasts. Please let us know if there are any requirements to attend.. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rich and Delly
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I did the same thing when We bought our boat.
Please come down and join us.
Look forward to meeting you.

John and Sara
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: 2017 Chesapeake Rendezvous - Thanks to all

Post by DCatSea »

Thanks to Vicki and Lou for putting together such a great rendezvous.
Excellent company, including established and several new Chesapeake Albineers; a fine spread at the food tables catered to all tastes, and plenty of technical and definitely not-so-technical chat about Albins and cruising the Bay area. Also a great opportunity to visit some other Albin models, especially a customized 27FC hardtop.

Organizing these events takes time and effort, and Georgia and I appreciate all the T&E that went into this one. The venue was really super, and perhaps Solomons would be a good future location.

Only regret, we (like a couple of others) had to arrive by car because of on-going work on boats. We promise that next year we will sail in triumph to the 12th Chesapeake Rendezvous.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Re: 2017 Chesapeake Rendezvous - Thanks to all

Post by Bearkeley »

DCatSea wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm Thanks to Vicki and Lou for putting together such a great rendezvous.
Excellent company, including established and several new Chesapeake Albineers; a fine spread at the food tables catered to all tastes, and plenty of technical and definitely not-so-technical chat about Albins and cruising the Bay area. Also a great opportunity to visit some other Albin models, especially a customized 27FC hardtop.

Organizing these events takes time and effort, and Georgia and I appreciate all the T&E that went into this one. The venue was really super, and perhaps Solomons would be a good future location.

Only regret, we (like a couple of others) had to arrive by car because of on-going work on boats. We promise that next year we will sail in triumph to the 12th Chesapeake Rendezvous.

It was definitely a fantastic event! As first time attendees (and new To Albins and cruising), it was a wonderful opportunity to see the different Albins, learn from experienced Cruisers and meet a really welcoming group of people. Thank you!
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida

Return to “11th Annual Chesapeake Rendezous”