• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

South Shore rendevous

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: South Shore rendevous

Post by Serenity »

Same here. The prop is still on and will not move. I can't move the key way key either. I think I will hire a gorilla. I am running out of room between the the end of the shaft and rudder, trying to get the prop puller in.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote:Same here. The prop is still on and will not move. I can't move the key way key either. I think I will hire a gorilla. I am running out of room between the the end of the shaft and rudder, trying to get the prop puller in.
It might be time to drop the rudder, dig a hole behind the boat and slide the shaft out and take the shaft with the stuck prop to the prop shop...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

I am having a marine mechanic come to the boat to do some odds and ends. I should be in good shape by the weekend. The whole thing would be great with a smaller body to work around the engine room.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Can we still get a hook up at Watch Hill for the folowing boats:
Jcollins, (Heck of a ride), Jprohan, Sweetwater, Resolution, Toy-riffic, Homeinstead, Dog House and Serenity and whoever I missed. The best shot would probably be 6/22-6/24. We will probably need 3 or 4 more boats to reserve slips.

Any interest. (My prop should be on by then)
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote:.....The best shot would probably be 6/22-6/24. We will probably need 3 or 4 more boats to reserve slips.

Any interest. (My prop should be on by then)
My prior post had offerred the weekend before the 4th of July, being Sat/Sun June 30th/July 1st. The weekend you posted above would be difficult since the kids school ends on Friday...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

That would work for me. I wasn't sure if Watch Hill would offer slips the weekend before the big bang. I am in. We just need 8 more yachts.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

This made me re-read the reservation policy. It only applies to shoulder season which excludes July and August and the weekend before a holiday.

So it seems we would have to make it work for 6/22 - 6/24 as you proposed:

Marina Group Reservation Policy
The Group Reservation Policy covers organized groups that would like to rendezvous, hold meetings, recreate, etc. while enjoying all that Watch Hill has to offer.

The Group Reservation Policy may be applied only to:

•Groups consisting of ten (10) or more vessels.
•Shoulder season dates during May, June, September and October (except holiday weekends or weekends before or after holidays).
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Perhaps if we can get additional members interested, we could make it Saturday, Sunday and leave on Monday. Another thought would be a raft up in the river, Connetequot that is.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

My honey and I went t Watch Hill for the weekend. We tried calling the reservation # from 8:30-10 am and the phone was constantly busy. We said the hell with it, and decided to go. Wind out of the NW at 15-20 knots heading east on GSB was interesting. Boat really does well in the slop. Got to WH and we were put in a great slip right next to the snack bar, heads, general store, etc. Showers were a short distance away, cold water only. We decided to try the restaurant for dinner. One glass of wine, a rib eye steak that was less than an 1/2 " thick and a bill for $88.00. The next day, we decided to go to the snack bar for a hamburger and we were standing in line behind three young girls waiting to get change of a $5. By the time Igor made the change, it was after 5:25 and the grill was closed. We went back to the restaurant and Margret orders a chicken sandwich and I ordered the $18.00 hamburger. The price at the snack bar was $9.00. Dinner has been consumed and I asked for the cheesecake and coffee. They were all out of deserts.,

The next morning, we were going to try the buffet. We go in and they only have one waitress on duty. I suggested to Margaret to go up to the buffet line, get her food and I will wait here for the waitress. The bride comes back and tells me that the only thing up there is scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and home fries. For $22.00 it just didn't seem worth it. Back to the snack bar. We ordered eggs on a roll and coffee. They ran out of eggs. The excuse was that they there were too many boats at the marina.

The marina is great. Just bring plenty of food with you.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote: ...The marina is great. Just bring plenty of food with you.
Haven't been there in a few years but we used to go quite a bit it since our day-boater friends could anchor out in the bay for the day. Ate in the restaurant once just to try it, never went back.

What did you do leave your galley at home! That's a lot of eating out, especially at a fire island destination. Next time go to Sag Harbor or Greenport!

How were the mosquitoes? The wind really crapped out the remainder of the weekend.

Actually I can deal with it all but that "phone system" there is totally ridiculous, either it rings to no end or it's busy. Then when you get there you have to pull up to the dockmaster dock and try to have a conversation from the helm with the kid on the dock.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Rob, where we were docked, the bar b q area would be a pain to get to with cooked food The flies were small drones in for the kill with all weapons hot.. We had breakfast and lunch on board, Your right, the phone was constantly busy. Saturday and Sunday were great. In fact the ride home on Sunday was excellent where the only obstacles were ferry wakes.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

My 20. The fridge is full!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Any takers yet Rob?

If I were close I'd be there with back up!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Pitou wrote:Any takers yet Rob?...
"Takers"? You must be referring to the subject line, that was 3-1/2 years ago! Max recently hijacked this thread with his post about Watch Hill so I was just adding to it.
Pitou wrote:...If I were close I'd be there with back up!
Without question! :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

I prefer "piggy back" which makes no sense when you think about it.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE

Return to “Meet and Greet”