• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Carolina's Regional Members Group/Rendezvous?

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
Chris & Dale

Carolina's Regional Members Group/Rendezvous?

Post by Chris & Dale »

I've seen well organized semi-annual rendezvous' planned for the Chesapeake and Florida, but we're a bit far from both of these, and quite honsetly don't want to travel north this time of year. I've only seen one thread on an Eastern NC rendezvous which seemed rather localized. Similar to what MTOA has done, I was wondering what it would take to establish a "Carolina's Regional Members Group" that could attract both North & South Carolina members and maximize the meeting? Here are a few questions:

1. How many members live in NC & SC?
2. Is there any formal process in AOG to do this?
3. Would that involve establishing a mailing list?
4. Are there any guidelines, policies, etc., for conducting a rendezvous under AOG?
5. Are we allowed to get sponsors, such as marina's providing reduced rates, etc.?

I have gotten so much out of this organization since joining this year. Since we boat year-round, we could also do other more informal get-togethers as well.

Please, all that live in the Carolina's reply, and someone with the knowledge in AOG about the inner workings reply as well. Let's see what we've got down here. Thanks
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Carolina's Regional Members Group/Rendezvous?

Post by kathylsails »

Chris and Dale....Here's the link to the forum responses from 2010, when I had thought about getting an NC rendezvous going. Unfortunately, I just did not have the time or energy to pursue it farther. There weren't as many NC folks interested then as there are now, so maybe we could do something in NC.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3599
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by jimlewis »

I keep my 27' Sport Express at Mariners Pointe Marina in Little River, SC and would be interested in helping with a get together.

Jim Lewis
Six Grand
1986 27' SE
leesteph
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by leesteph »

I live in Charleson, SC. Miss Vicky, a TE 28, is kept a St Johns Yacht Harbor just outside the city.

http://stjohnsyachtharbor.com/

If you watch the scrolling photos you will see Miss Vicky in one of the photos.

Lee
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I'll try to answer your questions best I can. You may also want to contact me via e-mail or telephone to discuss further.
I was wondering what it would take to establish a "Carolina's Regional Members Group"
AOG is a international group established for the purpose of sharing information, ideas and thoughts about these great boats. If you want to establish a regional club you can. There is already a well established Albin Owners Club in Florida. You will notice that the Albin Owners Group and Albin Owners Club have their rendezvous' together. At one point the AOC did have it's own forum within AOG but there was no activity and the forum was removed.
How many members live in NC & SC?
Many members elect not to complete the "Location" field when they register. I do not have a complete list.
Would that involve establishing a mailing list?
4. Are there any guidelines, policies, etc., for conducting a rendezvous under AOG?
5. Are we allowed to get sponsors, such as marina's providing reduced rates, etc.?
AOG encourages everyone to post within the forums rather than via e-mail. Maintaining an e-mail list for 2000+ members was unwieldy and there is always the possibity of missing someone. Plus I never wanted members to feel we are spamming them with information. The daily or weekly digest that is emailed is optional. But, if you are establishing your own group you may find e-mail to work well. The AOC (Albin Owners Club) communicates via email.
There are some guidelines for starting a rendezvous under the banner of AOG. We can discuss offline.
someone with the knowledge in AOG about the inner workings reply as well. Let's see what we've got down here. Thanks
I would love to see yet another rendezvous banner flying! Send me an email or phone number and we'll talk. Bear in mind that AOG does not charge membership fees or fees to attend a rendezvous.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Post by WaterLover »

I am very interested. Am purchasing my 37 Palm Beach right now and she will be in St. Johns Yacht Harbor just outside Charleston, SC. Lee, we should meet up!
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

To All,
For this year I'm abducating to the already planned Rendezvous in North Carolina. Recently came out of retirement to do contract work back at the nuclear plant, so time availability been cut down....but not out! My intent is to begin a little more structured planning in the fall for a NC/SC rendezvous for the Spring of 2014 here in Southport. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Return to “Meet and Greet”