• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NC/SC Rendezvous - CANCELLED!!!!!

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
Chris & Dale

NC/SC Rendezvous - CANCELLED!!!!!

Post by Chris & Dale »

I posted this under the NC Rendezvous Cancellation thread and thought I'd repost as a new thread. If whoever's in charge could retitle this for NC/SC Rendezvous, Southport, NC, Nov. 1st - 3rd, I'd appreciate it (Don't want it lost under the cancellation).

OK gang, let me jump on out there and offer a possible alternative to a total cancellation. Each year in Southport, NC, we have our Annual Stede Bonnet Halloween Pirate Regatta, sponsored by the Provision Company (you can google or bing it), which is just a really big party on the water and then back at Provision Company. This year it will be on Nov 2nd. It is absolutely a blast! For years when we were blowboaters, we raced it, but too many operations and I'm relegated to our Steel Hers (oh poor me), from which we go out and watch it. I'd be willing to do the following:

1. Talk to Southport Marina (a 3 block walk to Provision Company) and see if I can get a deal for discounts on slip fees for Friday & Saturday night, minimum.
2. Organize a dock party down at Southport Marina, or maybe another location if I can arrange some sponsorship, for Friday evening.
3. Have information, maps, and whatever else I can scare up as welcome bags for everyone. The town is really kinda neat, being basically a little fishing village.
4. Of course, Sat. would be spent on the water and then at Provision Company, they feed you for free and then it's a cash bar party to whenever.

Nothing real fancy or formal. We pride ourselves at being on "Southport Time". I'm not thinking any special meetings, just informal get togethers Fri-Sun to talk about what's here and to do. I will say, if you've seen the movie Safe Haven, you've seen Southport. My front yard, so to speak, is the Old Yacht Basin where it was filmed (you can barely see our blue hull bow stuck out beyond several bigger boats in the background on a number of shots). Also, you can go the Fishy-Fishy Resturaunt web page and use their sky-cam to see the Old Yacht Basin and the Marina. Good eats there as well.

So, there you have it - Nov 1st-3rd in Southport....a makeshift party/get together. Probably not like any Rendezvous you've ever been to, but some good old NC/SC Southern Hospitality!

Already had one response from SC they'd come...

Please let me know your thoughts. If there's interest I will pursue discussions with the Marina.
Last edited by Chris & Dale on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Re: NC/SC Rendezvous Salvage - Attempt

Post by WaterLover »

Sounds like fun. May be the best excuse for my first long-distance cruise. Will keep an eye on this event as the time nears!
Cheers,
Annie
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

We are definitely interested!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by jimlewis »

I am in Little River, SC and will try to attend if all systems are go at that time.

Jim
"Six Grand" 27' Albin SE
Little River, SC
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Post by kjg1951 »

Mary and i would be interested, sounds better than what i had planned. This may work out for the best... thanks
Kevin G
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hi Myself and my first mate Janet would likely make the run up from Charleston SC with our family cruiser, Hopefully not to confuse things but another alternative could be the Georgetown Wooden boat show weekend in October (in Georgetown SC), This is a fabulous boating weekend event and usually plenty of dockage available at Georgetown landing marina. Joe Lockhart, Kippy Girl 27ac
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

OK...I like the activity level of this. Let's keep it going. Would love to have 10+ boats for the weekend.

Just an FYI - we just made the run up from Charleston in Jan. About 6 hours @ an average of 12 knots to Osprey Marina. Fantastic stop! Best fuel prices in SC & free pump-out! Quiet & protected.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

We have put the November dates on our calendar!! Unless something unforeseen occurs, count us in!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: NC/SC Rendezvous, Southport, NC, Nov. 1st - 3rd

Post by kjg1951 »

We have also put that date on our calendar ...Looking forward to the cruise down and back....
Kevin and Mary G
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by marko »

One if by land. Two if by sea. Too early to say, but interested. Thanks.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Mark, we hope you can attend! Maybe we can have an Albin flotilla from New Bern to Southport!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Yes, Mark, please come. I'd love to see your 36! Buy ya a beer if ya come....did that work? LOL
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by marko »

Since you put it THAT way...I need to collect somehow. Humm, an all Albin Armada invading from the north. As they used to say in the old Lat's & Att's magazine: "Kewl !!!"
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

You bring an Armada with ya.....I'll buy a round for all you Northerners....would that classify ya'll as Yankees???? LMBFAO....
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

Is the rendezous still on for Nov in southport?

Return to “Meet and Greet”