• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

This Year WAS Next year

Coordinators: Doug and Kat Campbell
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

This Year WAS Next year

Post by DougSea »

Hi all!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are doing well!

At the tail end of this years rendezvous there was a bit of banter around who/where we'd do this in 2019. Kathy and I would be happy to host it - however, due to expected home construction and other constraints, we'd hold it at our home marina, EIM, here in Essex, CT. Essex has been the NE Rendezvous location a number of times and I can certainly see why some might prefer to have it elsewhere. That's perfectly fine and understandable - but Kat and I can't take that on this year!

So - thoughts? I can give you a whole list of attractions we have here, including (hopefully!) two new restaurants within walking distance of the marina and a very kid and dog friendly location.

I'd also like to try and set a date early so we can market the heck out of this! Would love to see expanded participation!

Think about it over the holidays and please feel free to post comments pro/con. And if someone would like to take this on and host elsewhere - please say so!! We'd be happy to help you out!

All the best!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Next year

Post by RobS »

Some groups/clubs have their annual rendezvous at the same place every year so I think a repeat location is totally fine and SX is as close to perfect as you can get.

Is "The Deck" still available? That is a huge plus. Here's some pics of the Deck I took back in 2008 when I scouted it for our first event there.

Please confirm but I do not believe the North floater in the cove is still all transient? That was always nice for keeping the boats all together and allowing us to completely overtake the docks with all of our "stuff"..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Great choice! Conveniently located about a mile from my house and 100 yards from my boat.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Jack wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm Great choice! Conveniently located about a mile from my house and 100 yards from my boat.
8)

Rob - they've changed the arrangement of the docks and "A Basin", where the fuel dock used to be, is 100% transient. Plenty of room for lots of Albins. And for next year the docks will be all new - they're in the process of replacing the bulkhead and fingers right now. The deck is absolutely available as well as the "Wheelhouse" above the dock office. Safe Harbor Marinas is putting a bunch of money into the Island - the heads are all air conditioned, the docks are being upgraded, it's looking good these days. And I mentioned the two restaurants - Marley's is gone (I can tell you the story over a beer) but the replacement SHOULD be in operation this spring. And Essex Boat Works (right next to the ferry landing) is building a new restaurant as well. That construction is well under way.

Anyway - as I said in my original post - if someone would like to host somewhere else I will ABSOLUTELY support that!

Take care!

Some photos:

The Wheelhouse which sits on top of the Dock Office. This was the marina office back in the day. The smiling young lady is Amy - GM of the Island.
TheWheelhouse-AZ.jpg
TheWheelhouse-T.jpg
And here are some pics of the A-Basin reconstruction
ABasin-Barge.jpg
ABasin-DockDeck.jpg
ABasin-Office.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Thanks for the details. All great stuff.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Great pictures, Doug. I haven't been over there in a while. It will look great by the time we're there.
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Post by jashmen »

Any idea when it would be held? We are new Albin owners in NJ.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

jashmen wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:47 pm Any idea when it would be held? We are new Albin owners in NJ.
If Kat and I host it would be June 21-23. We'll wait and see if anyone else wants to step up with a different location.

(Welcome aboard!)
Doug
Sonny IV
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Post by jashmen »

Thanks! Those date might be tough for us this year - daughter graduating from HS that week. We'll follow along and hope it works out.

Jeff Ashmen
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Sounds great! We can take CT river down from Rocky hill or from Weathersfield! :-)

Ulf
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

jashmen wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:44 am Thanks! Those date might be tough for us this year - daughter graduating from HS that week. We'll follow along and hope it works out.

Jeff Ashmen
I'm looking at possibly shifting the date out a week based on feedback (from you and others). Need to confirm with the marina and they're in their winter shutdown until next week.
Doug
Sonny IV
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: This Year WAS Next year

Post by jcollins »

<moved to new forum>
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

jcollins wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:39 pm <moved to new forum>
Thanks John. Bring Sharon back to Essex this year ---- a "Decennial"
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

MeyrickP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stamford CT

NE Albin Rendezvous

Post by MeyrickP »

we are certainly interested.Prefer to avoid first half of July

Meyrick and Donna
Meyrick Payne
Albin 32+2
"Ancora"
Stamford, CT
Longo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Milford ct

Post by Longo »

Hello all,
We are new Albin owners out of Milford CT - will be our first summer with the boat and are very interested. As info, Milford has a great marina called Lisman Landing Marina which is a town owned marina that is all transient. It is situated righ in the hear of down town Milford with much within walking distance.

Enjoying this site and look forward to meeting other Albin folks.

John and Shally.

Return to “13th Northeast Rendezvous - June 28-30 - Essex Island Marina”