• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Suggestion

Coordinator - Doug and Georgia Craig (DCatSea)
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Suggestion

Post by DCatSea »

Don't know much about the North Bay, but would like to suggest somewhere in the Chester River area, perhaps in July / August.
Any comments or suggestions?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Suggestion

Post by jcollins »

DCatSea wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:04 pm Don't know much about the North Bay, but would like to suggest somewhere in the Chester River area, perhaps in July / August.
Any comments or suggestions?
We have never had a rendezvous north of the bridge. Maybe it's time. Chester is a nice river. A little further north would be Rock Hall.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

When I was a sail boater the Alberg 30 group would do a fall cruise. It was a lot of fun. One night in each spot Rock Hall , Georgetown , Still Pond Creek, Fairlee Creek. We had dinner on shore at the pavilion on Turners Creek. Everyone brought a dish. We could easily make Chestertown. The Chester Rivers is nice along with the Corsica River. I have never had are boat further than Langford Bay off the Chester River.
There is not as many things to do as in Cambridge. But each spot would be fun to see. These are only suggestions
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

John, first Rendezvous I attended was in Rock Hall ! Anywhere is fine with me, I think they should be finished refurbishing the Marina up in Chestertown also. Let me know if you need help.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 pm John, first Rendezvous I attended was in Rock Hall ! Anywhere is fine with me, I think they should be finished refurbishing the Marina up in Chestertown also. Let me know if you need help.
Wow. How could I forget Butch and the dock cart bar? Rock Hall, 2008.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

I think the Northern bay is a good idea. Great Oaks in Fairleigh Creek, Rock Hall, and Chestertown are all good places with the amenities we usually look for. I hope someone will pick this up and run with it. I would love to attend if it fits a busy schedule this summer, but I can’t commit to organizing it. I am the co-chair of the Eastport Yacht Club Race Committee this year and have a couple of dozen sailing events to shepherd over the spring, summer, and fall.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

Post by HerBoat35 »

Looking forward to an Albin Rendezvous sometime this year. Hope someone puts it together. Will help if we can.
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

Post by HerBoat35 »

Just saw this on Chesapeake Bay Media

https://www.chesapeakebaymagazine.com/b ... ew-manager
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

I'd heard there had been some big changes at Chestertown, and it does look very good. Don't know much about the town itself or if there is anything other than the marina. I'll do some research.

If there is a consensus on venue I would be happy to contact them to see if they could accommodate a gathering of Albineers.

Please respond if you would consider coming, so I can give an idea as to numbers. 2018's speaker was great, so any suggestions or offers to present would be helpful/gratefully received.

Any suggestions for dates - mid-September-ish as usual?

I haven't organized anything like this in years, but I'm glad to get the ball rolling.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

Chestertown is a nice place. With the new marina, it will be a good choice. The town has some good restaurants. Quest is very interested in attending, as long as I can work it around my race committee obligations. The sooner we pick a date, the easier that is to do.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Suggestion - UPDATE

Post by DCatSea »

Thanks Lou
Your note about attending Albin Rendezvous 2019 is good incentive to set dates. We've only ever driven into Chestertown, but it looked very pleasant, and this was before the marina was updated. Chris {Sprig1} is also complimentary, so I'll get following up with the marina for a good rate etc.
How does the weekend of September 13 - 15 sound?
Other Chesapeake (or visiting) Albineers please note - I'll need to know rough attendance numbers ASAP so I can give dock manager an idea of how many berths we'll need, and see if we can cook-out there now they are all new and shiny.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Ok, Lets do this. KozyL will be attending and can help out with whatever might be needed. Let us know!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kowal_53 »

I was there before the face lift. I want there in my 28 October 2013, and everything was very nice. The marina did not seem to have an abundance of deep water slips, it was a bit shallow for my 28 but we did get slip that worked out for us. (I think my 28 draft was just over 3 feet). I am a little concern with my 31 which will need 4 feet. I would check to make sure that they could accommodate the bunch of us, and find enough water to pull it off.

The town is great with a lot of options. There is also a restaurant at the marina.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Sara and I plan to be there. New marina looks great.

John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Seven attending so far, so I'll get the ball rolling for September 13 - 15 then. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out.

Once the marina confirms they can accommodate, I'll post details so Albineers can make the necessary arrangements for slips.

I'll also post a tentative / very open-to-change "event schedule", so any suggestions would be welcome.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “13th Chesapeake Rendezvous - Sept. 20th - 22nd - Chestertown Marina”