• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Any Thoughts

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Any Thoughts

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Jasman writes:
Cape May would be nice. Or Barnegat Bay. Yup, being selfish with locations lol.
Actually we will be in Barnegat Township for a couple nights around the September 15th to 20th time frame. Plans are firming up for our cruise from Tonawanda to Chesapeake Bay via Erie Canal, Hudson RIver, NJ ICW, etc. We'll be buddy boating with our cruising pals from Flagstaff, AZ who are sailing their non-trailerable 31 foot sailboat from the Apostle Islands in northern Wisconsin across Lakes Superior, Huron, and Erie to Tonawanda and on down. But the worst thing that can happen to a slow boat cruise is to be forced into keeping to a tight schedule. Our friends have from July 5th when they depart Washburn, WI to a hard end date of October 1st when they have to be back to their home in Flagstaff for some necessary medical procedures that can't be put off. The plan was for them to get to Annapolis then lay their boat up for the winter there, fly back to Duluth, MN, rent a car, drive over to Washburn to get to their own car where they left it at their former marina (they needed to drive from Flagstaff to Wisconsin by car in order to bring a lot of stuff with them), then drive the 1,760 miles back to their home in AZ. That's at least 3 & 1/2 days & 3 nights of driving 500 miles per day from Wisconsin to Flagstaff. They'll need to allow themselves at least a week to 10 days from the time they park their boat, get it put up on the hard & winterized until the time they get home. That means being off the water no later than September 20th. So now the plan is for them to only sail as far as Barnegat, NJ, then store their boat for the coming winter season at Mariners Marina across the bay from Barnegat Inlet & fly back to Duluth from Philly. By ending the trip in Barnegat instead of Annapolis that will allow more time so as to not have to be in such a rush & less hurried so we can see & do more with stops along the way & especially in NYC. That will gain them 5 or 6 days to a week for more in port time or at least compensate for unexpected weather delays.

We're not tied to that same tight schedule as they are while buddy boating from Tonawanda, so then after the stop in Barnegat we'll continue on our own down the ICW to Cape May, up Delaware Bay to the C&D Canal and on down the Chesapeake for a fall cruise and end up in Seaford, DE on the Nanticoke River in mid to late October before we haul out, rent a car to drive back to Tonawanda to get our own truck & Trailer out of storage, dead head back to Delaware, haul out, & drive home to Phoenix with boat in tow.
20190613_134500.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Holiday
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Greenport, NY

Post by Holiday »

Hello, Holiday checking in.. after a lot of delays in getting back to you all, I will, starting this weekend gather as much info as I can for a Greenport rendezvous. Joint Venture I would really appreciate any info you can share. What is the next step? Share emails or keep on messaging this way?
Still kinda green at this forum messaging. Not to mention hosting an event.
Over and out ,
Stephen
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Hi, Holiday and all,
Sorry for delay in responding. I think the best way forward at this time, is:
1) to post three venue options, eg. a) Townsend's in Greenport, b) Essex Island Marina in CT., or c) Crockers Marina in New London, for a variety of geographic venues.

2) post three dates options, eg. Late July, early August, Late August

Ask for responses within a week to ten days, then move accordingly. We will be more that glad to assist in any way.

Essex has everything, walk into town, covered meeting/eating area, pool, restaurant, etc but group may be tired of it(??). Townsend's also have all if above BUT no covered eating area (it always rains!) altho a tent can be hired with split costs. New London is good for the farther north/east folks. Mitchell's in Greenport is literally in the town but no pool or other conveniences. We are in CT. now and plan to check out Crockers New London and Michelle Greenport on our way back to Montauk.

The usual Rendezvous schedule has been:
Friday:. Meet and Greet cocktails and heavy hors d'oeuvre on the boats,
Saturday: day in town, pool, etc. optional activity; early evening onward is covered dish dinner, each boat providing a dish, hopefully coordinated to prevent 100 same salads, (!), etc.
Sunday: morning coffeecakes, fruit, coffee, again by each boat.
Again, we'll be glad to help.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: ,2021 rendezvous

Post by jointventure »

Having visited Crockers Marina in New London, Townsend's, then Mitchell's in Greenport yesterday, the best option seems to be Essex as it has everything??!!

Due to the lateness into the season, we need feedback as soon as possible. Let's hear from you, all you Albin (and ex-Albiners!). What are your thoughts, choices, intentions, available dates???

Speak out speak up! Holiday, we're with you.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Following this and just may once again steam our way to the rendezvous. It's been way too long since our last attendance.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

Hi, Pitou, and hi, Holiday..and everyone else...

So what place and dates are your preferences?? Responses have been pretty scarce! Maybe it'll just be us! Is anyone else out there?
Scott at Townsend's Greenport says he only has Aug. 20-21 or Sept. 10-11 available. Haven't contacted Essex for availability; maybe you could (I think that's you home dock?)? We're up for wherever... 🙂

Let's hear from you other Albiners?! 😎
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

jointventure wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 pm Hi, Pitou, and hi, Holiday..and everyone else...

So what place and dates are your preferences?? Responses have been pretty scarce! Maybe it'll just be us! Is anyone else out there?
Scott at Townsend's Greenport says he only has Aug. 20-21 or Sept. 10-11 available. Haven't contacted Essex for availability; maybe you could (I think that's you home dock?)? We're up for wherever... 🙂

Let's hear from you other Albiners?! 😎
Hey John .. Pitou / Kevin here .. Essex is not my home dock. My home dock is Gloucester, Massachusetts and live in Essex, MA .. about 180 nautical miles bt water to from Essex CT.
Standing by for whatever is decided and somehow I'll try to figure out a way get there!
Best,
Kevin
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

We will most likely show up unless it crash with our Albin 25 SN 737 and 736 rendezvous when DessertAlbin is in New England (Later part of August) . We trailer, so as long as we can get to a ramp and have a place to store the trailer we are golden. Essex, CT is a river trip for us and across the sound is not to hard either. Actually, anywhere in the sound is a daytrip even for a Albin 25. We did Liberty landing in NJ to the mouth of the Ct river in one day with the trusty A25. (On less than 16 gal of diesel.. LOL!!!). Started just when the sun came up over Manhattan. It was pretty surreal. NYC was like a ghost-town since it was exactly a year ago, I think it was July 7-9 2020.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
TomKat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bedford, Ma.

Post by TomKat »

Made the last one in Essex(our first). Would love to make the next one if schedule permits.

TomKat
2002 28te
New Bedford, Ma.
mamumurphy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stonington, CT

Post by mamumurphy »

Just saw this post! Would have loved a rendezvous in the Northeast! Guess it's too late for this year, but I will be willing to help with plans for next season if someone with experience is putting one together. We are going to Greenport next week so I'll check it out, and I also mentioned that Block Island might be a good location as I often see Albins there on the weekends. I can look to see if there are any venues where we could have a large gathering for a welcome party.
MeyrickP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stamford CT

Post by MeyrickP »

Greenport is a fine idea!
Meyrick Payne
Albin 32+2
"Ancora"
Stamford, CT

Return to “15th Northeast Rendezvous - TBA”