• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Extending the 2014 Season!

Moderator: RobS

FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

Extending the 2014 Season!

Post by FiveToes »

It might have been 28 degrees leaving the dock, but we are going to grab every last day we can. Normally, we would be on the hard by now, but as a new Albin 28TE owner (purchased September 30th), my number one fishing buddy and I have getting out in the eastern Long Island sound at least one day each weekend. November black fishing up here is outstanding and we are hoping to grab a few more days thru Thanksgiving. Ski season can wait! -Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Extending the 2014 Season!

Post by Tree »

Good to see you guys are finding some fish. I'm just about to leave for an evenings fishing to find some cod.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Pete
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pete »

Good for you,!I'm out of Groton, had to haul early due to dock construction at Shenny I just got mine this year as well awesome in the race isn't she?
FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

Post by FiveToes »

Yes, Pete. Incredible handling in these big water fall New England conditions. We are having a blast. I moved over to Port Niantic as they are great Yanmar techs and they will allow me to stay in the water till the end of November.

I'll keep an eye out for you next summer. Congrats on your boat as well. Tell me what you have.

-Greg
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Five Toes: Great catch. Sure makes you want to get out there. The problem for us despite some very good weather the fish are protected after Labor Day. We only have Dungness Crap catch this time of year for sport. Great eating but for me too much effort to drag the Osprey out to crab, clean and then cook and clean the boat. Now when the pots can go out with salmon or bottom fish that is another thing indeed. We are in No. Cal nearly to the border.
Enjoy, a little surprised you an still get out in the NE this late in the year.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Fishing”