• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What a good time

Solomon's Island, Maryland
Special thanks to Butch and Jim Smith
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

What a good time

Post by Mike »

It was great meeting everyone in the Solomon's. We lucked out with the weather, didn't we! Mike and I really enjoyed the 2 days we had and wish we could have stayed longer (stupid job) What a great bunch of people - it was a pleasure meeting each of you - good job, John! Great location with all the ameneties! The best part was the sharing of all that knowledge (and Bloody Mary's) Can't wait for the next rendevous.

Beth in for Mike
Time Out Annapolis
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Could not agree more. Candy and I had a great time. Everyone almost seemed like old friends. Great marina and Solomon's is a real "jewel" on the Chesapeake Bay. We came a day early to avoid that wind you all got on Friday but the extra day made the trip even better. Have to run back to Deltaville today for a few days work and will post pictures later. Again, it was a great trip, great folks, great time.

Tiny and Candy
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

We could not have had a better time. Everybody was friendly and compatable...a great group of people. We hope to see all of you again soon. Even the rough trip down was an adventure. This was our first time ever staying in a marina and we really liked Spring Cove.

Dick and Phyllis
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

The Chesapeake Crowd at Spring Cove Marina in Solomons, MD
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291 ... /group.jpg
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I couldn't agree more with Chief. You know your with good people when you feel like you've known them for years. It was great meeting eveyone.
To this point in the thread no one has mentioned the lack of presence of Afterglow. Yup, no boat. Sharon and I headed out on time but when we made the turn south of Hart-Miller it built to 3' out of the north. Not too much for the boat or me but she just looked at me and said "I don't think I can take 5 hours of this". After being married 26 years I know when my bride has had enough. So we turned for home and drove down. We stayed at the Holiday Inn next to the marina. Every time I walked down that pier and saw the empty slip for Afterglow it did pinch my ego a little. But every one of our new friends understood and didn't rib me too much.
Here is the head count:
TimeOut - Annapolis: Mike, Beth, Skip, Ginger
Wye Dream - Dick, Phyllis
Mary B - Butch, Mary, Jack the dog
Sassafras - Rene, Chrissy (not members yet)
Southwind - Chief (a.k.a. Tiney, a.k.a. Max, a.k.a. Royal), Candy
Un-named new TE 31 - Joe Smith of Sassafras Harbor Marina (this boat is for sale)
Hole in the water where Afterglow should have been - John, Sharon

There is an old Chesapeake fisherman's saying that goes something like this:
When it's from the West, it's not the best
When it's from the South, take it in the mouth.
When it's from the East, it's the least
When it's from the North, go home.
I have some other things to tend to, but I will also post some pictures later.

Special thanks to Butch for pulling this together and providing information about bio-diesel, high and low sulpher, and pouring a great bloody mary.

Last edited by jcollins on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Great Boat Great Friends

Post by Butch »

Mary and I had a fabulous time. I think we should join Joe on the Sassafras this fall. I will recapiulate the meeting on Diesel at a latter date after the 4th. Have a great hoilday!! Jack thanks you for your patience.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Great Boat Great Friends

Post by jcollins »

Butch wrote:Mary and I had a fabulous time. I think we should join Joe on the Sassafras this fall. I will recapiulate the meeting on Diesel at a latter date after the 4th. Have a great hoilday!! Jack thanks you for your patience.
Tell Jack we said "woof"
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Chesapeake Albin Pre-Rendezvous 2007 - Another Great First Event”