• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

And now it begins!

DestinedNomad
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles, WA

And now it begins!

Post by DestinedNomad »

Hi All,

I've just entered to a contract to purchase Kindred Spirit, a 2006 40 ft NSC that has been up here in the Pacific Northwest for a number of years now. If everything goes as expected...then I will be the third owner/caretaker for this boat. Like any other 17 year old boat, she has some issues, but nothing that is too bad..

I have been lurking for a while now...trying to figure out what make and model to replace the Ranger Tug I sold last year. I think this one will work great. I've read every post about 40 NSC which has given me a lot of insight into what to look for. Thanks to all of you who contributed.

Now I need to find a surveyor around the Seattle area. If would be nice to find someone with Albin experience. Any recommendations? Or folks to stay away from? Feel free to PM me either way.

Thanks,
Chris
DestinedNomad
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles, WA

Re: And now it begins!

Post by DestinedNomad »

And now it continues!

The boat closed last Thursday and tomorrow, Tuesday, the 18th, I'll be moving her from Poulsbo, WA to her new home in Port Angeles, WA.

She has been used less than 20 hour in the last three years, so there's a far amount of deferred maintenance to take care of. It will probably take me the rest of the summer to get her to where I want her to be, but I'm looking forward to some late fall and winter cruises.

AOG was really helpful in being able to track her from her splash down in Long Beach in 2006, to now. Thanks to previous owner Rand for all his information and help!

Chris Boyd
Kindred Spirit...soon to be Destined Normad
2005 Albin 40 NSC
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Congratulations and welcome aboard!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
lfrios19
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Jensen Beach FL

Post by lfrios19 »

How is it going? I purchased Hull #12 a few months ago and still working out somethings as well. I have a leak from the porthole windows and looking to see what the best fix could be. I will probably start a new thread regarding this and two other issues I have. Not many of us Albin NSC 40 owners should exchange info.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”