• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacement porthole gaskets

NedKathyZ
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ashland WI

Replacement porthole gaskets

Post by NedKathyZ »

We have a 1978 Albin 33 that needs new gaskets for the four bronze portholes. I can't find anything on the porthole unit identifying who made them. I haven't been able to find a gasket that seems to fit. Do any of you have any idea which company may have made the porthole units and better yet, the source of a replacement gasket? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Replacement porthole gaskets

Post by Pitou »

I had to repair a dog on a stainless port this past spring which required portlight removal. I contacted Bomar for a replacement gasket and they replied for me to just use any neoprene gasket material available as they don't sell replacements.

After that response I decided to to use Butyl tape as this is what I use to seal all deck hardware and fittings. It worked perfectly and as always better than any gasket material or any type of caulk.

This is the producth that I use:

https://shop.marinehowto.com/products/bed-it-tape
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”