• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bilge pump issue

afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Goose Pond Marina, Scottsboro, AL (TN River Mi 378)

Bilge pump issue

Post by afrayedknot »

How can I get to the mid-ship bilge pump on my 2002 36ET. It is stuck in the on position. I'm thinking there must be debris caught in the float switch that is preventing it from dropping down to turn off. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Bob
Bob on "A Frayed Knot" 36ET
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Bilge pump issue

Post by marko »

Assuming there's no on going water intrusion and so it's safe, you may want to remove the fuse for it as it may get real hot until the issue is resolved. It's location is tough. By extension, it can be reached with a thin pole between the fresh water tank and the holding tank for testing so it may be possible to move any debris that way. Also, the manual pump pick up is right near it and could have shifted to hold it open.
afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Goose Pond Marina, Scottsboro, AL (TN River Mi 378)

Post by afrayedknot »

Thanks for that response Marko - helpful info and suggestions. Happy 4th!
Bob on "A Frayed Knot" 36ET
Govino
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Napa Valley, CA

Post by Govino »

I have the same access issue and eventually when I need to pull the hot water heater from under the master stateroom, I'll clean it out and install a new float switch. Right now I can only turn it on at the electronic switch panel at the lower helm (it's labeled aft bilge on ours but really more like mid-ship). We have a 3rd pump aft near the transom.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”