• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Tank depth

joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Tank depth

Post by joreyn »

I want to replace the tank monitors for my fresh water and waste water tanks. I know how many gallons they hold, but need to know the depth of each so the sending units can be sized correctly. Has anyone measured them?
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Re: Tank depth

Post by arcticspud »

Can you install an ultrasonic sending unit? I use the Blue Sea version and it is great.
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Tank depth

Post by joreyn »

I am planning to install the sealand 4-level probe. If we continue to cruise in BC a lot, It can be equipped to automatically discharge once the tank is more than half full. Since discharging is really the only option North of Nanaimo, I'd like to make sure that the tank gets completely empty, rather than guessing at it.

Sending you a PM.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”