• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Possible purchase 1999 36ET

mikephyl
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Possible purchase 1999 36ET

Post by mikephyl »

I am considering buying a 1999 36 ET by the name of "Seas the Day" Has anyone heard of this particular boat and what potential issues might I expect on a 36ET of this age. If they were still being manufactured, this boat new would be darn near perfect. Thank You. PT
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Possible purchase 1999 36ET

Post by joreyn »

The price is way low. That would make me very suspicious. The broker states that they took it in on trade and have it aggressively priced. I don't know, but 50% of where these have tended to sell is definitely aggressive. A very thorough survey is definitely in order, but before you get that far, take a look at it. snoop around below decks. Is there evidence of water intrusion?

I do note that this boat still has the Vetus engine room vents on the outside of the boat. That is a serious design flaw, as in rough seas water can enter the engine room through the vents. Most 36 ETs I've viewed have the vents inside the cockpit where they are protected.

The 36ET is a really great boat in almost every respect. It is a great cruiser - we've made the 400 mile cruise up to the Broughton Islands twice in ours. It performed flawlessly, no matter the conditions. About the only negative I can relay is that it really is not good for fishing. However crabbing is another story - we got many. Yum.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

That boat is near me. Before we bought our 28 late this summer we had considered looking at that boat. I couldn't get them to return emails or calls so I took that as a sign. Where are you located? If your not near it I can try and find a lil time to go look at it
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
mikephyl
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Post by mikephyl »

Thanks for the reply but I have passed on the boat. The dealer would not commit to holding it with a deposit pending a survey.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Wow that's crazy. Im glad we walked away from it too...kinda makes you wonder!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

mikephyl wrote:...The dealer would not commit to holding it with a deposit pending a survey.
:?: Is there any other way ? What was he proposing ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”