• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

PURCHASE OF AN 36 EXPRESS TRAWLER 2005

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: PURCHASE OF AN 36 EXPRESS TRAWLER 2005

Post by whwells »

Jeff: Nice to hear from you. Yes, Flattery sold to Cal. SF buyer. Sea Knoll is much more in keeping with my boating budget. Also happy to be back in the Ablin family.
The Express Trawler has a lot of good planning and runs smoothly. It is slow even with the Yanmar twin 315s but then that was to be expected. The bath room and shower are the only down side so far. Both Flattery and Nibbles has great showers. This was will take some getting use too.

Jason and i were up this past week to get it set for boating. Made it out to Ganges in BC, Roche, Stewart and Succia. Anchor did not hold at Roche and I will need to practice with it. Nice clean low hour boat.

Look forward to your return with Nancy J. Still on B dock but the 36' will do well in a 44' dock so will be moving when an opening comes up. There is a waiting list on all slips so you might want to get on the list with Bill for next season. I missed the La Connor Rendezvous as the boat was a month late arriving from the East coast.
Rumor is next year maybe back at Cap Sante. We return to our starting site in 2011!

Hello to Nancy as well.

Howard
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Howard,

Sent you a PM

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Hi Ron: Did respond to yours. Nice to hear from you. Howard
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Nancy J: Jeff or you Nancy considering another season in the NW? Will you make it up to the Jan. Seattle Boat Show this year. I have a class the 1st weeking in San Diego so hoping the PNW GROUP willl do the 2nfd weekend.
Howard
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Back from San Diego where did a long range trip on Royal Star. 3rd trip in last 4 years. This year we had permits for Guadalupe Island, one of 4 US boats with a permit. Caught all the 70-150lb yellowfin tuna we could handle, altho the great whites did take some off our lines.
Have run boat up to Portland for winter, and weather has changed for NW. Fall with more wind and precip. Boat does have covered moorage so doing well. Not sure what plans are for next spring and summer. Like having her at coast to fish, but also miss cruising the San Juans, Gulfs and further north. Will see how feel in spring and if we get a nice weather window. The run up from Astoria to Anacortes is long and boring. Do let me know when the planning meeting is as if I'm free would definitely like to run up to Seattle for it.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Jeff: Sounds like you had a good trip to San Diego. Going there in Jan. for a short convention and hope to get over to Catalina for a few days. I am indeed back in Anacortes. Actually did not give up my slip. However, I am in a 50' covered slip waiting for a 40-44. The 36 ET in a 50' slip looks like a VW in a large parking lot.
However, there is a waiting list now for both covered and open.

If you and Nancy or considering another season here, well you need to get on the list. Hope to see you both back. I will be attending the Seattle Boat Show PAC. NW AOG MEET. We all hope to see you there. Spoke with John Reynolds today about our plans. Expect Pat will be there as well.

Forgot to say I am at the boat this week. Doing the end of the season winterization. Did not get out but two trips. As with all new purchases it needs tuning to work for the new buyer. Dave & Denise Kirchner stopped by our Trinidad home for a couple days on their travel trailer trip two weeks ago. It was great to see our PNW Members and friends.

Howard

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”