• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Information on 40NSC for sale

CoramDeo
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Severna Park, MD

Information on 40NSC for sale

Post by CoramDeo »

I am starting to look for a new boat (to me) and the 40NSC fits my criteria for a "fast trawler". I have read many good and not so good things about the boat and wanted to get opinions on boats for sale at this time. Mainly the one in Stratford, CT, listed by Jenson yacht sales. It appears the existing owner or previous owner was on this site as well. I am curious as to past work she has had done and work she may need now. Thanks in advance for any responses.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Information on 40NSC for sale

Post by whwells »

CorranDec: Your research seems to be accurate. These models had lots of water leak problems and some issues with reference to the second head and fuel tanks. Having said that their are boats out there the problems have been resolved
and they can be great.
Personally, I looked at one with the intent to buy 3-4 years ago in the NW. It was a mess due to long term leaking problems.
it went to So. Cal. and has had a better history.
It is a lot of boat for a very good price. Just check it out carefully before you jump.
whwells "Howard" Sea Knoll
36 Albin Express Trawler 2005
Former: 35te Albin Flybridge 2006
gspier
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by gspier »

CorranDec: I currently have a wonderful NSC 40 for sale that is it a lot better shape than the on in CT. That boat still has all the problems that you read about. If you go to the For Sale section on the Albin web site you will find my listed in Portsmouth RI. I just reduced my boat to $199,000. I have spent about $80,000 on fixing issues and adding upgrades to my boat that you see listed. Besides correcting many problems with the boat, hard top with full surround, bow thruster, AGM Batteries, new paint job, list goes on and on to see that my boat has the features you will want and exceed the difference in pricing.
I love the boat, handles heavy seas wonderfully, cruises at around 15 knots burning about 15-18 gallons of fuel and hour, three cabin layout is perfect for three couples to stay on board. We spent 3 years researching what we wanted to but to do the intercoastal water way to Florida and possibly the great loop and landed on this boat. Same hull as the East Bay's, Ray hunt design, three cabin layout with full size fridge and galley. Love to discuss more with you, PM me and can chat more about the boat. Don't waste your time looking at the other boat. I even have survey available. The reason we are selling our boat is due to my wife's health issues and I have parents in their 90's that we need to be down in Florida at least one week month all year round. Truly will break my heart to sell my boat, but need something like my previous Albin 28 that I can single handle. Hope to hear from you, they are great boats. Not sure what type of boat you have now, might be interested in trade as well. Greg Spier NSC 40
NSC 40 Kot'ij
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

I agree the one you want to look at the other one for sale on this site. Lots of good things done to the all those problems solved. It was at one point a consideration for me but could not get it to the west coast.
Howard
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey Coram!

The 40 NSC is an extremely comfortable vessel. As mentioned, it handles the seas very well. Our's had issues, as did all the 40 NSC's but were not mechanical...all cosmetic's.

We have a few post's out there if you want to search and see what we have written. Certainly a solid boat....listings are all over the board....from high to low. Depending on what has been done to upgrade the vessel. Do your research .... and go from there.
Good Luck!

Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Coram: You are considering a fine boat so long as the issues have been resolve. If their had been a good one on the west coast I would be in it. The size and room is great. The Gaspier NSC may be the best one out there.
Howard
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

I had an NSC40 that I sold a few years ago after owning it for 4 years. There have been some issues , mine were corrected before I bought it and I have never owned a more solid boat . It also was the easiest boat to handle that I have ever owned, I did add a bow thruster which made it great for docking with my wife as crew.
We would go up to New England every summer and usually hit some weather , which never bothered us.
I did meet GSpier and we crawled through each other boats. His also was completely corrected and actually significantly up graded , (hardtop was amazing, custom helm seats, thruster, eisenglass enclosure, etc. The Yanmar 370's ran great , did many 8-10 hour days and they loved it and averaged 18-20 mpg in full comfort.

Let me know if you have any questions , I had a 28 and then up to the 40.

Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”