• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 36 express

Neptune1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: jacksonville fl

Albin 36 express

Post by Neptune1 »

I am looking ar a 1999 Albin Express with twin Cummins;the boat needs somework, mostly cosmetics.Estimate $5000 to $6000 or so.Can anyone advise what a reasonable price purchase would be?NADA valuation in $69,000;however I am confident about their valuations.
Thanks
Neptune1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: jacksonville fl

Re: Albin 36 express

Post by Neptune1 »

Sorry a typo, should have said not confident in nada valuations
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

You are correct that the NADA numbers are junk.

To my knowledge, the lowest priced 36ET to sell in the last couple of years sold for around $40,000. That particular boat had sunk, which will really knock the price down.

The highest price paid that I am familiar with was in excess of $170,000.

The boat you are looking at has been on the market forever. That raises all kinds of concerns in my mind. So get a good hull survey done, and a good engine survey done by a qualified Cummins tech. Be prepared to walk away.

Keep in mind, a 99 36ET that has been regularly maintained and is in very good overall condition will sell somewhere around $110,000 to $140,000.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

The Express Trawler at 170,000. plus did not include the horrible shipping costs from across the country with two days of police escrow out of Conn. to keep the flybridge intact. Add 30,000. for shipping. Never again!
Howard
2005 Express Trawler 36/ last one built

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”