• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Prop size and pitch 40 Albin

Capttman
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Boston

Prop size and pitch 40 Albin

Post by Capttman »

My Albin 40 sundeck is running 22 inch props with 16 pitch. I have dual Lehman 135’s and I don’t seem to be getting the speed others claim to get at certain RPM’s so I’m wondering what other 40 foot owners are running for props and pitch.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Prop size and pitch 40 Albin

Post by jleonard »

Have you calibrated your tachs with a hand held? If not then you need to before making any adjustments.
What is your current WOT rpm?
Edit:
For the record, I have a single Lehman 120, 2:1 tranny ratio. I am running a 20 x 16 4 blade prop.
"Normal" cruise speed is 6.5 to 7 knots at 1650/1700 rpm. My WOT rpm is right on the money at 2500.
I am getting similar speeds and economy to other 40 single engine boats that I have communicated with on the trawler forum.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”