• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transducer location

jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Transducer location

Post by jashmen »

My current transducer on my 36 is located roughly under the sink. It is a simple Airmar. We are looking at updating our electronics and are looking at Raymarine. The Realvision 3d transducer is pretty cool, but would require an external fairing block and the whole unit would protrude down quite a bit, not to mention the suggest a pair to compensate for the keel. Just wondering what everyone else is running. Transom mount would be soooooo much easier.

https://www.raymarine.com/transducers/m ... -3d-sonar/
cdsailor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Joseph

Re: Transducer location

Post by cdsailor »

We have two Raymarine depth units installed, one forward of the starboard engine and one aft of it. I installed the forward transducer on a fairing block. The aft transducer was installed flush to the hull.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

jashmen wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:37 pm My current transducer on my 36 is located roughly under the sink. It is a simple Airmar. We are looking at updating our electronics and are looking at Raymarine. The Realvision 3d transducer is pretty cool, but would require an external fairing block and the whole unit would protrude down quite a bit, not to mention the suggest a pair to compensate for the keel. Just wondering what everyone else is running. Transom mount would be soooooo much easier.

https://www.raymarine.com/transducers/m ... -3d-sonar/
I am just in the throws of doing the same thing on my 28 - it looks like i will need to go for the pair of transducers to get the RV3D option as the keel will be in the way where my exisiting transducer is.

Are you having the Axiom MFD? If so you will love it! I've just purchased my second one for the fishfinder as I have just installed a 12" for my plotter and radar.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Post by jashmen »

Just ordered an Axiom+ 9rv. Might get it in October lol. Decided to order an in-hull trans for now. Was going to go for the pair but could not figure out where to mount them. The only location was a 60 degree deadrise.

Return to “36/37/40/43”