• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 DC Engine Mounts

dgulliver
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Norfolk, VA

36 DC Engine Mounts

Post by dgulliver »

Greetings,
We have a 1982 36 Double Cabin with a 120 Lehman. While cruising the Dismal swamp, an annual thing, we struck a submerged stump and slightly bent one edge on one blade of our 4 blade prop. Noticed a little vibration as a result. Had the prop reworked installed, but still have a slight vibration.
I should add, the first time we had it removed and installed was done by a diver with boat in the water. We took the boat to the yard and had the prop removed and install again. We discovered the key had slipped forward as the prop was installed underwater and the it did not seat squarely on the shaft.
So, now we're looking at alignment, engine mounts, coupling bolt tension, etc.
Since the mounts are original, they really need to be replaced. Does anyone know the specific make/model of the engine mounts to use? Our mounts rest on steel angle that through bolted to the inboard side of the stringers.
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Don
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: 36 DC Engine Mounts

Post by RobS »

Post some pics of your current mounts
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Re: 36 DC Engine Mounts

Post by jashmen »

Brian might be able to help. He is the go to guy for 120's.

https://americandieselcorp.com/

Return to “36/37/40/43”