• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

So I got myself a little dinghy

jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

So I got myself a little dinghy

Post by jashmen »

Now I am trying to figure out how to store it onboard my 36. It is a Walker Bay 8. Right now I am leaning toward on top of the aft cabin, but need a frame for it to rest in. What has everyone else done? Any suggestions?
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: So I got myself a little dinghy

Post by DCatSea »

I thought about storing a dinghy on the wheelhouse roof after seeing a couple of pix with the same. However, then I read that stowing whilst at the dock is a whole lot easier than recovery while in anything more than 1ft seas on the hook, without a crane or hoist, and is likely to cause serious conniptions. Launching safely from great heights is another issue entirely

Davits on the stern or a rack on the swimstep makes more practical sense to me.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: So I got myself a little dinghy

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

If you have or anticipate installing a swim platform I would go with Weaver snap davits on the transom. We had one for a Boatex 8 hard shell dink, similar to a Walker Bay, for our A25. We ended up switching to lift davits for a replacement Gig Harbor Nisqually 8 because our beam narrows at the stern & the ends stuck out a foot or so on each end down low & ended up getting caught by a wave. You wouldn't have that problem with a larger square stern trawler like yours. But they're so handy to stow & un-stow and convenient to climb into and out of while attached to the snap davits. Plus they're relatively inexpensive to buy & easy to install.
dinghy.jpg
DSCN3666.JPG
DSCN3663.JPG
20180806_102848.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “36/37/40/43”