• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New England Albin Rendezvous - Who'd come?

Block Island, Rhode Island - Read about it here!
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

It sounds like fun, but I obviously wouldn't be able to make it.
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

It sounds like a blast, but my wife is still working at that date, we could make the weekend though.
Andrew, as far as a fishing derby, Im not much of a fisherman, but if I could include fish that I shot while diving I could give you a run for your money. Denis
apage

re; rendez vous

Post by apage »

Hi Denis:

How'd you make out with Standish? Let me know on that front. Sure, we'll have a special category for spear fishing (very popular on BI). I guess I was looking at weekend of Sat 6/16. If that is storm tri-sail, we'll look at weekend of Sat 6/9. Like I said, I will discuss with owners of Boat Basin in a week or two. Just trying to get the buzz going.

6/17 is Father's Day and I cannot think of anything better than celebrating with my family on BI with the Albin family so that's what I'll push for.

Comments . . .

Andrew @ Albin
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Andrew, I talked with Standish and they are going to call me when they can come down and work on my boat where it's wintered. He said he should be able to repack the shaft out of the water and it might need to be adjusted when it goes in the water. Im a little nervous about that but I'll talk to him when he is here. Thanks for the referal. We'll keep adjusting the dates to get the best response for our rendevous. Denis
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Post by Maye Marie »

I would enjoy the opportunity to meet you all.
Terry & Karen
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hey guys

I was wondering if we needed to make reservations to the Boat Basin ourselves or is this going to be a "group reservation"

The reason why I ask is that the Basin usually fills up pretty quickly and I usually make my reservations around this time of year to make sure I'm not out of luck later.

Thanks all for your coordination efforts!

Gery Garcia
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I can't make it either but we are planning on being in RI for the Memorial Day weekend, arriving the wed evening before & departing the tues after.

We are traveling by RV & may be staying at Burlingame state park.

The purpose of the visit is to see our son who is studying in RI but we would not miss a chance to meet fellow Albin owners. :D
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

RI Education

Post by RicM »

Where is your son in school?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Veebyes2 wrote:I can't make it either but we are planning on being in RI for the Memorial Day weekend, arriving the wed evening before & departing the tues after.

We are traveling by RV & may be staying at Burlingame state park.

The purpose of the visit is to see our son who is studying in RI but we would not miss a chance to meet fellow Albin owners. :D
Hey Doug (S),

Is your son at New England Tech? My son's looking at taking their Marine Technology program starting next fall - if that's where your son is it would be interesting to hear how he's liking it.

What's your route to RI? If you're passing up through Connecticut I'd be happy to try and connect - show you around the waters of the Norwalk Islands. Not the same as Bermuda but still pretty nice!

Doug (C)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Hey Doug & Rick, he is in NET & is doing the marine diesel course. He should finish next spring so I guess he will cross paths. He started last October. He is doing well & enjoying it so far though they have not done much that is diesel specific yet.

Our plans revolve around what he is doing Memorial Day weekend. After that we more or less make a run to Md to put the RV in storage for the summer, come home & rush to get our Albin overboard for a few months before we return to Md & go again.

The weekend you all are planning the get together is also a long weekend in Bermuda so we want to be in the water for that.

Our trip to MD will include a stop at Defender Marine to get some boaty stuff & a quick visit with family near Higganum, Ct.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Veebyes,
Stay in touch and let me know when you are in MD. We'll get together. (on or off the water)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I'd like to see it a little later in the season personally when the weather and water warm up. Plus my mid-late June is already booked up.
I'd anchor out anyway...wouldn't do the marina thing.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
J. E. Hartwell
Deckhand
Deckhand

Block Island Rendevous

Post by J. E. Hartwell »

Will try to attend, but we are planning a latter than usual commissioning this year due to up-grade projects.
"Lyric" Mystic, CT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

we would not miss a chance to meet fellow Albin owners
We are located in Mystic, Ct which is right next door to Burlingame.
Jay
leonaj99@yahoo.com
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

I showed the flyer to the first mate now she's psyched to attend. I guess that means we will try to make it. Not sure yet if we'll anchor ar stay one night at the basin...that is still tbd.
Is there an itinerary set up yet?
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “New England Albin Rendezvous 2007 - Great First Event”