• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location, location, location (and dates...)

New England Rendezvous Coordinator -DougSea (Doug)
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Rob, if YOUR luck holds, looks like I'll have to go all the way to CT if I want to join the party :lol:
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: What a great idea!

Post by RobS »

Legacy wrote:Pats by 10!

Rick
I don't think the Pats will lose by more than a touchdown :lol:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

furball wrote:Rob, if YOUR luck holds, looks like I'll have to go all the way to CT if I want to join the party :lol:
John
I think Eli on the cover of this issue of Sports Illustrated takes the cake here as far as bad luck - the prior issue had Favre....

As far as mine - I'm one who finds the silver lining whenever possible - I'm just happy with the fact that I discovered the problem the end of last season and am on schedule to be all done without losing a day of my upcoming season, as opposed to finding this problem in May which would have been a real bummer.
Last edited by RobS on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

JoeH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JoeH »

RobS wrote:Seems to be a lot of suggestions between NY and New England. Here's a suggestion: Giants win - it's in NY or NJ, if the Pats win - we'll go CT, MA or RI...

GO GIANTS !!!!
Looks like it's Boston.

Pats 24 NY 7
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: What a great idea!

Post by RobS »

RobS wrote:
Legacy wrote:Pats by 10!

Rick
I don't think the Pats will lose by more than a touchdown :lol:
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

That's it? One line of smiley faces? :shock:
For the first time in a long time a New York fan actually has the right to run off at the mouth :) about a New York team all I get is half a row of smiley faces. Must be a transplant :lol:
Guess your luck has changed, a promising spring ahead.
Congratulations
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stunned

Post by RicM »

I think all NE fans are still stunned. There are few precedents for such an upset. I know I am still in deep denial.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Rendezvous

Post by Legacy »

One good way to get over the Patriot's poor showing is to plan the NE Rendezvous!

If on Boston Harbor, I can arrange a block of slips, hotel rooms, discount parking, restaurants and tons of activities at Constitution Marina. We could even add a half day Albin fishing tournament!

If RI or CT, count me in too, but probably not a big help with logistics. But I'll do what I can.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Case for Boston

Post by Legacy »

Sorry to harp on Boston, but wanted to present some ideas. But truly I'll do whatever we agree to. I know Boston is a hike for you guys and gals south of Cape Cod.

1. Constitution Marina: Protected marina near fuel dock. Has parking, a pool, deck with grills, showers and next to a Marriott Hotel with an outdoor restaurant and bar. The marina also has a bed and breakfast afloat program for those who would drive up. Marina also has a mechanic on duty. Check out constitutionmarina.com
2. North End is right over bridge to reach our Italian section full of great restaurnats nad weekend festivals.
3. The Constitution is nearby. (dah)
4. We're adjacent to the locks that take you up the Charles River. A very interesting and beautiful trip.
5. Freedom trail, restaurants and bars within walking distance.
6. 30 harbor islands, several with public mooring balls.
7. Excellent fishing, whale watching and bird watching nearby.
8. Water taxi that can take you to many harbor side destinations - - outdoor concerts, the NE Aquarium, Museum of Science, Faneuil Hall and the popular Quincy Marketplace.
9. 6-8 other Albin owners on the harbor we can recruit.

I can take the lead in setting this up if you want Boston. Ealry SUmmer is a great time to be here.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

I had previously suggested Mitchell Park Marina in Greenport, Long Island. Reading the current issue of Passage Maker magazine I note that Trawler Fest hosted by the magazine will be there June 24 - 29. They also find it a great place for a rendezvous - we could be there prior. As an aside I find Passagemaker a very informative magazine and suggest it to all the Albin owners. Check out trawlerfest.com. Looking forward to the rendezvous, wherever !
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

jointventure wrote:I had previously suggested Mitchell Park Marina in Greenport, Long Island. Reading the current issue of Passage Maker magazine I note that Trawler Fest hosted by the magazine will be there June 24 - 29. They also find it a great place for a rendezvous - we could be there prior. As an aside I find Passagemaker a very informative magazine and suggest it to all the Albin owners. Check out trawlerfest.com. Looking forward to the rendezvous, wherever !
Thanks for the info, that sounds like a winner - a great event in a great nautical town - I'll probably plan to be at Mitchell Marina that weekend wether its the rendezvous or not..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

OK with me!

Post by Legacy »

I checked out the area on line. Looks great. We'll try to plan on a journey south from Boston! And if there is interest in an event north of Cape Cod, we can do that too.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Events

Post by RicM »

If we are to follow up on the stupid a$$ wager we made on the stupid a$$ stupid bowl I guess we NE people have to travel to the South this spring. I would look forward to such a trip, but cannot be terrifically helpful as I don't know the area. Unless hell or high water imposes I would like to attend. On the other hand, a trip to Boston's famous and historic harbor sounds great as well, maybe a fall trip? Massachusetts Bay features whales and some school tuna after Labor Day that could make that trip interesting as well as the attractions Rick mentions.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Events

Post by RobS »

RicM wrote:If we are to follow up on the stupid a$$ wager we made on the stupid a$$ stupid bowl....
The wounds are still fresh I see....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

wounds

Post by RicM »

Fresh and bleeding :roll: !!! But yet, with a certain sense of fatalistic black humor. Spring is almost here. My boat is a jobsite (see posts at New Helm Station thread), and I'm spending money I don't really have on electronics, but what's new? I'm not sure I can get the Admiral to go along on a trip of that magnitude unless sunshine is assured, but "Sawzall Dave" will probably go along for the ride.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI

Return to “Second Annual New England Albin Rendezvous 2008”