• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Let's get this started

New England Rendezvous Coordinator -DougSea (Doug)
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

How many for Boston/June 20-22?

Post by Legacy »

I think Dougsea is going to take a vote to finalize location and dates. In the meantime however, if we can get a quick count, I'll tentatively reserve some slips at Constitution Marina on Boston Harbor for June 20-22.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tentative for June 20-22/Boston

Post by Legacy »

Here's a quick headcount I pulled from the previous posts on this thread. The more, the merrier! FYI - - there is a Courtyard by Marriott right next to Constitution Marina in Charlestown, MA.

Rick/Colleen Legacy
Ric/Karen Time after Time
John/Marcia Joint Venture
Jack/Tom/Chris Dogonit
KevinS Pitou
JoeH
Bob/CapeCodder Santosha
Doug/Kathy
Ray Morley

Maybe's
Garth/Kim
Rob S.
Gerry Garcia
Last edited by Legacy on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For the Record

Post by RicM »

For the record:
boat name is "Time After Time"
attendees are Ric Murray & Karen Lucas
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

My brother Tom will be joining me and probably his son, Chris.
Mocha, my Chocolate Lab is usually onboard as well.

Boat name is Dogonit.

Jack Kade
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Same weekend as Chesapeake? We'll have to put up a satellite feed. 8)
Last edited by jcollins on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Wow! You stay away from the board for a few days (damn work!!) and all kinds of things happen.

Looks like we're headed for a Boston trip, unless I hear a lot of complaints from the western Long Island and LIS folks.

Just remember though - payback will be a trip to the WEST next year, and I'll expect to see you guys there!!!

I'll take another stroll through the posts but, as of now, plan on Constitution Marina, Boston (thanks Rick) on June 20 - 22, Friday - Sunday.

Kathy and I should be able to make those dates, likely with my daughter Lauren (14). I'll know for sure soon.

We'll probably get underway on Thursday and make a mid-point stop. Maybe we'll set up a "pre" rendezvous along the way. Same thing on the way home.

I'll post a new topic over the weekend once I've finalized the plan. Rick - can you PM me your phone #? I had it in the past but can't seem to find it. Since you're the "local" I'd like to talk over the plan with you before we commit the date to stone. Thanks!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Ray Morley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boston

Post by Ray Morley »

Put me in for Boston. We are in Ipswich Ma and Boston would be great. An easy run, and there is lots to do.

Ray Morley
Sea Inn
Ipswich
Ray Morley
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was thinking

Post by Ray Morley »

Because I have a B&B and a forty seat dining room and we are only 35 miles north of Boston, if anyone wants to get away from the boat and rest in a great B&B I can offer very considerable discounts for anyone wanting to stay

In fact the Ipswich Bay yacht Club does have some guest moorings and there are moorings available in Essex well I'm just thinking.

So if you folks decide on Boston for the destination you might as well come a little further North and spend some time here I was just thinking.......

Ray Morley
Ipswichinn.com
Sea Inn
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Ric,
There is another choice.
I have several close friends at Fiddler's Cove (a Brewer location) just south of Kingman on the otherside of Scraggy Neck. That's where I summered as a kid.
It's a much faster getaway in the morning toward the canal.
One downside is that it has no restaurant. Kingman has the ever popular watering hole "Chart Room"
If interested, I can look into getting a rate.
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Facilities

Post by RicM »

Bob:

A marina without a bar! Imagine that! Kingman's is the only place I am familiar with. The Famous Dave (see new helm station thread) launched his old Egg Harbor there some years ago which was also the launch of part 2 of my boating career. We sat in the Chart Room watching the bilge pumps run furiously as the 40 year old wooden Egg pumped all 3 bilge pumps like there was a fire somewhere (she had been out of the water 2 years, refastened, and half a dozen new planks put in). Miraculously, she sealed up and by the next day we were delivering her back to Rhode Island, the longest day of my life as I expected those planks to pop off every time we took one on the bow. I thought "this is way too much fun" and I bought a boat that fall. When my honey found out she loved it too and asked "if you could have any boat in the world" I answered "Albin 28 TE" and here I am. A Marina without a bar, hmmmm.

The Mighty Egg this past season:
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

:lol:
Ric,
"A Marina without a bar!!!
That IS funny!
Fiddler's Cove is quite "exclusive", much like a coutry club. It like living overlooking the golf course, only the multi-million dollar homes are overlooking the marina. They have a "private function yacht club" for "Members and their guests".

Who needs a bar? Believe me, every boat has one, and they can all walk home.

Hmmm, the more I think about it.........maybe Kingman is more "appealing"!!
"I'll drink to that!!"
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Event coming together

Post by Legacy »

Looks like we're getting a nice group for Boston. Doug, I'm sending you my contact info. Please let me know what I can do to help. Ric - - you're in charge of the Satellite feed! Next year, we'll head to LI. I sent a note to Constitution Marina today to expect 10-15 Albin owners to contact them for slip reservations for June 20 - 22.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Feed

Post by RicM »

I don't know about a satellite, but it says here that the marina has wireless. We could do a live hookup with my laptop via iChat if someone in the Chesapeake and or LI has corresponding technology. How's that? Much cheaper than renting an uplink.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Constitution Marina

Post by Legacy »

Hi all. Constitution Marina has reserved the dates for the Boston Rendezvous for us. Please call the dockmaster Sebastian DeSilva: sebastian@bosport.com or 617 241-9640 to reserve your slip. Either mention Albin event or my name, Rick McKenna.

Also, at no charge I can reserve the deck for a cookout. Which evening would you guys suggest, Friday or Saturday? It has gas grills in case any of us our carnivores.

Thanks!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Satellite Link

Post by RicM »

Satellite will not be necessary, just wrapped up a video conference using iChat with Mike from the Chesapeake group. It was really quite amazing, good sound, shockingly good video even at full screen. Their dock will have wireless as well, so we can setup my laptop, maybe for Saturday cocktail hour and commune with the Chessies. What's up with the Long Island/Ct crew? They could join in as well.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI

Return to “Second Annual New England Albin Rendezvous 2008”