• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just a few weeks away!!

New England Rendezvous Coordinator -DougSea (Doug)
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Just a few weeks away!!

Post by Legacy »

Hi all. Almost Rendezvous time. Just a reminder to reserve your slips asap so we can get a count for dinner reservations and plan some activities. If any of you know Albineers who should be invited, please do so. Like to make this a really fun event. Maybe blast out an e-mail invite to the master membership list by region? If any of you are members of the "other" Albin web community, does it make sense to post info about the upcoming Rendezvous events there? All your promotional help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dinner choices

Post by Legacy »

In keeping with the spirit of an election year, what is the preferred type of restaurant for an AOG dinner in Boston? I'm assuming one night at a restaurant and another grilling on the marina's pool deck.

Within walking distance we have:

Italian
Upscale American
Casual American
French
Chinese
Seafood
Vegetarian/Vegan
Forget that, two grilling sessions

Thoughts welcome. (In reality I'm just trying to build some enthusiasm and registrations!)

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Hey Rick

Thanks for the stimulation .... your itinerary looked fine.

I'd love to do the North End and Italian on Friday / but nothing like red meat though .... cocktails dockside 1st of course.

Grill night on Saturday .... more cocktails 8)

I thought I'd send Sebastian a reminder next week. I sent in a reservation form for Friday and Sat. in April and received an e-mail confirmation saying "all set Kevin, Sebastian".
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Event idea

Post by Legacy »

Why doesn't everyone bring their own buffer, compound and wax and we can make my boat shine!

Just kidding.

Other event ideas welcome, feel free to post here.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

What are the current list of activities ? We haven't signed up for any.
We are planning to arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Sunday morning.
We most probably will partake in all the activities especially those related to food.

John & Marcia
31 Joint Venture
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Travel Plans

Post by RicM »

Karen & I will be leaving Wickford RI Thursday morning, hopefully early, for a 10-12 knot steam to Kingman's in Catumet MA where we plan to stay Thursday night after dinner at The Chart Room. Friday we will time our departure for a fair tide through the canal and an early arrival in Boston. The current in the canal looks like it's running east from 5 AM until noon on Friday the 20th. I would appreciate guidance from anyone on how long it takes to navigate the canal at a comfortable speed (12-14 kt). It looks like we should arrive in Boston mid afternoon on Friday and plan on participating in the schedule of events pretty much as listed by Rick. Note to all, I am a professional photographer by trade and plan on bringing my digital gear. I will be happy to shoot all the events that we attend and provide digital copies to all who are interested. This is not to say that you should not bring your own gear ( I like to see myself in the pictures also ) but it should be well documented. Bring a blank CD-R and I will burn you a copy of the photos I take on Sunday AM over breakfast. I also have made plans with the Chesapeake group who are rendezvousing the same weekend to link up via iChat on Saturday for the cocktail hour. This means we will have a live, two way audio/video link between the two Rendezvous for a virtual joint cocktail party.
The canal current turns west at about 1 in the afternoon on Sunday, so a leisurely departure Sunday, late morning, would put us though the canal and on the way home for return to Wickford RI late afternoon with the application of a little more fossil fuel to the equation. Of course all these plans hinge mightily on the weather, although it's looking pretty good in the extended right now. We are looking forward to great adventure in Boston!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Ric ... the land cut for the Canal is about 13.5 nautical miles. It's a nice ride. My charts show an ebb to the west of 2.5kts and a flow to the east of 2.9.

I just came through from Cos Cob last weekend and it took about an hour and we were bucking the tide . We were trying to catch the flow, but with fog and .17 to .25 vis the whole way through L I Sound as luck would have it we caught the ebb .... as you say " the weather". Remember slow down at the 3 bridges for no wake signs.

Have a good trip and make way for the conditions. See you in Boston.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Canal

Post by RicM »

Kevin:

Thanks for the tips....that's one reason we are planning on staying at Kingman's Thursday night rather than doing it in one push. It gives us the option to go right through on Thursday if Friday's weather looks bad, or to take a break and time the canal current, which can reach 5 kts to be in our favor if all other things (weather) is equal on Friday. I don't mind blowing off a deposit for safety's sake. See you in Charlestown!
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

clock is ticking!

Post by Legacy »

Hi all. Here's the itinerary I posted on an earlier thread. Open to other suggestions. Please make your reservations soon. Hoping to get final numbers so I can make a restaurant reservation for Friday.

Rick

For those arriving Friday:
6:00pm Meet and greet cocktails aboard Legacy
7:30 pm Group dinner in North End (walk to Italian neighborhood)
10:00 Boat drinks on deck

Saturday:
7-11:00 Early am derby-style fishing (optional)
12:00 Meet and greet for all w/ lunch
2:00 Freedom Trail/Constitution visits if interested (optional)
2:00 Harbor tour in several boats (optional)
6:00 Cocktails on Marina pool deck w/ award ceremony
Biggest fish
Came the furthest
Best boat drink
7:30 BBQ (plenty of gas grills) w/web link to other rendezvous
10:00 Evening cocktails

Sunday:
Open day
Group photos
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

USCG inspections

Post by Legacy »

If anyone would like me to arrange dockside safety inspections by the USCG, let me know!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

With round trip being approx. 500NM from my LI port running TOY-RIFIC up there for the weekend is not do-able as we have commitments on both sides of the weekend that would prevent us from making more than a standard weekend out of the trip. My wife and I are considering driving up Friday night and staying at the Marriott. Still trying to see if we can arrange babysitting for our 7 & 9 year girls. If we make it and there's a welcoming Captain with room for us for the fishing and harbor tour that would be great and super appreciated...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Room on Legaccy

Post by Legacy »

Hope you guys can, make it up. Plenty of room aboard Legacy.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Thanks Rick, This looks like the place to stay, right?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/b ... dor-wharf/
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Where to stay

Post by RicM »

Rob:

Did you check out the boats they have to stay on at the Marina? They have a "bed & breakfast" deal on some of their charter boats....

http://www.bedandbreakfastafloat.com/bb.html

It looks really pretty cool.....
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Ok, we're in!!! ... we should be arriving Friday just in time for drinks !!

We'll be staying at the Marriott Friday Night & aboard a floating B & B a few piers down @ Shipyard Quarters Saturday Night.

Please include us in all iteneraries including the fishing..thanks Rick for the invitation.

Rob & Erika Schepis
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Return to “Second Annual New England Albin Rendezvous 2008”