• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Si-Tex auto pilot

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Molly B
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Mathews, VA

Si-Tex auto pilot

Post by Molly B »

I am trying to install a Si-Tex auto pilot on my Albin 34 classic trawler. I have discovered that the Hynautic steering uses metric hose for the return line. I need to connect the Hynautic return line to the auto pilot pump which is npt (?) and therefore not compatible. Does anyone have a solution?
Molly B
RECESS
34' center cockpit fly bridge trawler
Chesapeake Bay
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: Si-Tex auto pilot

Post by furball »

I would suggest stopping by a local hydraulic hose shop. Take an existing fitting with you and measure the OD of the existing tubing. The tubing should have a layline with the size printed on it if you can read it. They should be able to provide the correct fittings.
Where are you on the Bay? I may be able to give you the name of a local shop.
Good luck
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Si-Tex auto pilot

Post by DCatSea »

Try Thread Tool Supply at https://www.threadtoolsupply.com/thread-adapters.html
They seem to have a veritable Alladin's cave of thread-related offerings, and might be worth a call.

Good luck.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “Electronics”