• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raymarine Axiom System

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Raymarine Axiom System

Post by Alan_Douville »

Well had to happen I guess. End of season here fishing and my 10 year old E120 system died. Looking to upgrade my Albin to the new Axiom Pro System, and it has a dual transducer setup for thru-hull. Anybody out there have or looking at this rig? Does anyone know recommended angle for Transducers (Thru-Hull). Comes in 12 or 20 degree.

Thanks
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
Rabiss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Charlotte Fl

Re: Raymarine Axiom System

Post by Rabiss »

I installed the Axion 12” in my 28 and it works great. I have the transducer but have not installed it still running old depth finder until I pull the boat. I also got the radar
Randy
06 Albin 28
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Alan_Douville »

Yeah, they just released the new Quantum Chirp Radar, looks fun so hoping to add that as well. Right now I am waiting on the quote from the Marina. My wife did draw the line though with the integrated Raymarine Drone System... But man does that look fun.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Post by Maye Marie »

Alan,
I installed the Axiom Pro this spring. We did the 20 degree RV220 for the 3d and a1Kw B 265 transducer. Also Quantum Radar and auto pilot. I fish and run in all kinds of weather day and night. So rely on electronics a lot. Very happy with the complete package. The Axiom is so fast. More features than you will need. But it so easy to use you will use more of those features than you think you will. First season with it but so far thumbs up.

Mounted the two Rv220 even with the front seating. The 265 just back from them on the left side all close to center line. I will lose bottom detail with 1 foot seas at 3200 RPM. Wont lose depth reading but bottom detail starts having holes showing up. So not sure if there is better placement for them or not.

If you have time to buy and want to work a deal this is what I did. West Marine will match best price. So I shopped all over and got the best possible price. Then went to west marine on double points weekend. They matched my best pricing and then gave me double points. I picked up another thousand in points to use.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Alan_Douville »

Update, we installed the Axiom Pro 16" in the Albin 28, and added in the Q24D Quantum Chirp Radar, RV-220 Transducers EV-1 and EV200 Autopilot. Also upgraded radio to Raymarine Ray70. JUST got it back... and taking it out Friday. Pics to follow and feedback
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I'm planning to install a 12" Axiom Pro this winter. The deadrise for a 31 is shown as 14 degrees at the transom. I plan to install the pair mid ship. I was planning to use the RV-212 which is listed as 0-12 degree recommended by installer. Any thoughts on these verses the 220's on a 31?
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Alan_Douville wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:33 pm Yeah, they just released the new Quantum Chirp Radar, looks fun so hoping to add that as well. Right now I am waiting on the quote from the Marina. My wife did draw the line though with the integrated Raymarine Drone System... But man does that look fun.
Tuna Mode!
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Electronics”