• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Electronics

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

New Electronics

Post by catalina_mike »

OK I'm not 100% sure we are selling so I'm looking into my next project.
Research at work is fun I just hope my employees all don't do as I do. :shock:
Anyway I really like the Simrad but what have other 28TE's done with sonar? Forward Scan or Total Scan? I have a good sonar block location port side just a little in front of the center of the fish bin. It seems to be a good location for a new transducer. There is the raymarine original speed / temp I can change to a forward transducer as well. I have the 4' open array Furuno radar now and it works well but it is about time for new gear. I think a smaller dome will look different (not as industrial) but the images from the domes are awesome. I am about ready for bottom paint so I'm planning to yard in a couple of months and want this all planned out.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: New Electronics

Post by Tree »

Mike.

Personally for me it will almost always be raymarine. The new axiom system looks stunning and with added Flir camera it is simply amazing.

Prices aren’t cheap here - a typical full system with side scan chirps sonar, chirps radar, flir camera and axiom MFD and autopilot will set you back around £9,300.

That’s half the cost towards a new engine (yes there are one or two still in the crate 6lp engines over here for £20k)

I’d still have the system if funds allowed purely for the Flir.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Re: New Electronics

Post by Alan_Douville »

Mike, I went with the whole new Raymarine Axiom spread including Quantum Radar, only had a chance to run it a few times before winter storage, so hesitant to comment. However, from my seatrial on Lake Michigan and for how I use that boat in big water fishing, it looks very good. Not cheap for sure, but having one interconnected system with Raymarine is my go-to.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708

Return to “Electronics”