• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Auto pilot

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Larry cessna
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rock Hall MD

Auto pilot

Post by Larry cessna »

Anyone Know how many C c's of ram on a 1998 all been TE. I am looking to buy an autopilot and M not near my boat at the time
DougA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Noyo Harbor Fort Bragg, CA

Re: Auto pilot

Post by DougA »

My '96 28TE is 118 cc or 7.2 cubic inches. It's a Seastar BA125-7ATM 118cc, HC5312
The ram leaks so I'm getting a new one this week, as part of Raymarine autopilot install.
Doug A.
96 28TE "Chinook"
Fort Bragg CA
DougA
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougA »

PXL_20201214_010227246.jpg
Steering rudder sensor and steering ram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug A.
96 28TE "Chinook"
Fort Bragg CA
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

My 2001, 28TE has the same part ramnumber as Doug’s but doesn’t leak 😊. (Approx. 1100 hours.)
Don.
DougA
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougA »

Hi Don. Few years ago with my C-Dory, I had leak from the outboard engine ram. I was told by Seastar tech that ram leak can result from tiny sharp spot on underside of rod. Sharp spot created from corrosion and non-use in salty environment. Sharp spot makes tiny cut on gland. I was able to fix leak with a rebuild kit and a small file, used carefully.

This time I chose not to try rebuild because with this ram you need to purchase a special tool in addition to the rebuild kit. Also I got a good price on the new ram.

So when boat is stored, periodically rinse ram with fresh water and move steering wheel position. Doug
Doug A.
96 28TE "Chinook"
Fort Bragg CA
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

If you use crocus cloth to smooth the ram. It should take off small high spots but does not scuff up the shaft.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE

Return to “Electronics”