• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ultraflex relay box - 2005 28TE /flush deck

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Oceanside, N.Y.

Ultraflex relay box - 2005 28TE /flush deck

Post by dmorgan »

Hi Guys,
I have an issue where both engine hatch struts start and run for a couple of seconds and then off. I have to toggle the switches until fully opened and then the same to close.
I am thinking there may be a relay box? Has anyone had this issue ?
I appreciate any assitances.
Regards,
Dan
"Navy Diver" 2005 28TE Flush Deck
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Re: Ultraflex relay box - 2005 28TE /flush deck

Post by dmorgan »

Assistance
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

I have found the same issue. When I had a new battery charger installed we found that they work better when charger on on and batteries are topped up and also when engine is running and alternator is charging. I just help it it along . And that’s with new batteries.
Capt Brad
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Dan,
Check the switch first. Had a bad one of those too.
I had a bad starboard strut. Check all the connections and pay attention to the connection between the struts. I did not have any type of controller, just the two struts. starboard side wired from the switch and there’s a control wire between the two struts. Can't remember if the port side power came from the switch or from the starboard strut.
I raised and disconnected the hatch from the struts. The hatch should flip forward, it's heavy. With no load on the struts, the starboard strut still stalled. Bought a replacement from the distributor in Florida. Don’t remember the name but may be able to find it. Easy and quick but not cheap 😂
Good luck
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

Hi Bob and John. I had to redo and my connections and noticed a very small wire which broke on both hatches. I used insulated butt connectors and sealed it up with a heat gun and it works as it should. John - I have changed the switches a few times and I have to replace another - glad I bought an extra and installed it.
Bob - I added another battery because I thought the small battery was for the house. This is not the case because when I disconnected that battery everything ran. It looks like I need to change that big battery again - it's a heavy big boy. I thought that battery was solely for the engine.
Does this sound correct ????
Thanks
Dan

Return to “Electronics”