• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

tachometer sending unit

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: San Diego Ca

tachometer sending unit

Post by 195752 »

Boy! its been awhile. Hope all Albins are working well! I lost my tach and I have a voltage drop down to 10,5 volts after I start the engine. Batteries are up to 12.6 before starting then voltage drops after starting. I figure the tach drive and voltage problem have something in common?? I have no schematic on the tach drive and its not in the service manual'. After running the boat awhile the voltage shows 13.8 but the now the tach isn't working. I can fix engines butt electrics are voodoo.
We have 3 Albin28's in San Diego that I know of and we all love them; easy maintenance. Hope some one has a idea?
P.S. My wife says its too small to sleep on? new boat or ?
Thanks Roy
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: tachometer sending unit

Post by Norseman »

P.S. My wife says its too small to sleep on? new boat or ?
Thanks Roy
:shock:

Too small to sleep on?
(Wow, Big wife?:)

Nah, we sleep really well on the Albin, love the comforts onboard, but we upgraded to an electric fresh-water head, a new fridge and a solar panel.
I was still comfy before all that, but a tad better now.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: tachometer sending unit

Post by RobS »

Would help if you posted what exact engine you have. If it's the 6LP the voltage drop at start up is likely the air heaters which eventually turn themselves off. And the tach issue is loose/dirty/broken spade connectors at the tach drive on the bell housing.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Electronics”