• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 rear deck engine vent terminations

Albin's "power cruisers"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

A25 rear deck engine vent terminations

Post by WillieC »

I just found out that one of the two rear deck engine vent toe stubbers is for an RV, Clark! Maybe that's why water shows up from time to time at the engine cutouts.

The other one is a deteriorating piece of aluminum casting, also very likely not OEM.

What have you replaced your engine vents with? These are smaller than the stainless Becksons that vent the cabins and it is way past time for an upgrade.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Re: A25 rear deck engine vent terminations

Post by dkirsop »

Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

The three piece Air Cover? $27 USD? Sign me up! Thanks, Mr. K!
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Post by ssrig »

I have replaced mine with a low profile soft plastic one that doesn’t mind if I step on it or kick it, we also spend some time sitting on it when we hang out on the back of the boat.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Ssrig, do you recall the make or have a pic?
I am waiting to hear back from Stefan. The shipping from Sweden looks pretty steep. Maybe it goes through the Suez Canal?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Been thinking of 3D printing them in white ASA. Would not be much cheaper but shipping is less of an issue. Its funny with shipping. I buy printer filament from Czech republic and I pay $14 shipping for two 1kg spools.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

I have one that I would be willing to give away. Its weathered but usable. A coat with plastic Rustoleum would make it shine. I need to get the dimensions from it first to make a CAD model. I had it as a spare but if one of mine breaks I just print one.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Thanks tribologist. I want a matching set. I'm trying to convince my retired IT BIL to step up his game and purchase a 3D printer. No success, yet.

Still waiting on the quick response from Albinmotor...

I may just cobble together something from the hardware store. It needs to not leak, hold up under rear deck conditions, and vent the engine. Oh, and not lacerate my feet every time I get near it. Not too tough. The RV vent lacks at least two of these characteristics. The rotted aluminum one just needs to go away on principle. Feng shui and all that.

I did check my spam folder, just in case Albinmotor's reply got rejected and found out that somebody may have just done a background check on me. Guess I now have something to do today. HA!
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I bought a pair of vents from Albinmotor last year but also threw in some other bits with the order. Shipping was up there but not unbearable, considering.

I must have looked like a Swedish kid on Christmas opening the box when it arrived.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

I have ordered from Stefan before also. I would like to, again. Just simple little things like the Cart that does not update from one to two vents, showing the same price (but only one item) after repeated attempts at refreshing. Surely adding another item does not double the shipping, but that is not clear. I also looked at other items I would like to get that are just not available elsewhere...

I did physically end up calling by phone with a previous order. Albinmotor is a fantastic resource, but...
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Ok, I think I am getting smarter. I deleted my cart at Albinmotor and thought that I would start fresh with 2 (TWO) dos, zwei vent kits. Now the cart shows 3. Still working.

Maybe I should order a gross and make my fortune reselling them to the hot A25 captive market. (How do you say "gross" in Swedish?)
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Gross. Like in “Grosshandlare”. A distributor..

Get some of them M15x1 Dyvika too (bottom plugs) They will bring good money when someone is desperate
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

[quote=hetek post_id=88325 time=1618327957 user_id=2499

I must have looked like a Swedish kid on Christmas opening the box when it arrived.
[/quote]

You have to watch Donald Duck first!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Al ... All_of_You
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I used this type of RV plumbing roof vent cover. Fits & seems to work fine & holding up better than an earlier type I used. $6.53 each from Amazon. No leaks so far. The heat & UV rays out here eventually destroys anything made of plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/NUSET-RV032-33-W ... 1010&psc=1
aftdeckvent.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

That looks perfect, Steve! Thanks! We should get twice the life out of it than you get down there. Looks like it is easy on the feet, too. Bonus!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”