• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Volvo Penta MD17C Fuel Filter can gasket

Albin's "power cruisers"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Volvo Penta MD17C Fuel Filter can gasket

Post by WillieC »

The original cannister on these old engines, similar if not identical to MD3B at this point, must remain in place if using the mechanical lift pump. I have found suitable replacement aftermarket filters for this can, but am having trouble locating the gasket that seals the can to the mounting plate. It is a square-in-cross-section type gasket and is very specific. It does not show up in the VP microfiche, but I may have not found it there.

SO, all two of you VP runners in your A25s, have you found this gasket anywhere, or have you completely bypassed this arrangement? I also have installed a Racor filter/separator in the fuel line ahead of this unit. It seems to be doing all of the heavy lifting as far as filtering goes. I am using 10 micron in the Racor. I think this engine would run on cordwood, so I am not having problems with 10 microns.

Thanks for reading.
JerryM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Townsend, WA

Re: Volvo Penta MD17C Fuel Filter can gasket

Post by JerryM »

Hi WillieC. Were you ever able to find that filter can gasket? We have the same motor as of Oct '21. Ordering the Racor 10 Micron/separator 'pre-filter'.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Volvo Penta MD17C Fuel Filter can gasket

Post by WillieC »

Gee that was almost three years ago and I forgot what I did this morning...

I must have found some in all my old stuff or broke down and ordered one from Coastal Marine in Seattle. Let me know if you are looking for any old VP parts. I have a few.

Not too many of these around, most are in BC. Still going strong. We will have to meet up and swap stories. Let me know if you ever come over the bridge.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”