• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27/A25 Hammocking

Albin's "power cruisers"
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

A27/A25 Hammocking

Post by Ambler27FC »

I was curious if anyone has ever tried to install a hammock in an A27/A25? It seems like the ultimate luxury at dock or sleeping topside at anchor.

Eye-balling supports (on a 27) below the port side cockpit window just below enclosure joint (~3/16 solid fiberglass) and on the starboard aft-cabin bulkhead (cored fiberglass). Figuring on front and backing plates to spread the loads, but I was concerned that a swinging load might crack the gel-coat. Also curious if anyone had worked out a better installation.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: A27/A25 Hammocking

Post by DCatSea »

I too have thought about this. It may be that a 2x4 across the opening in the center window would provide ample support for one end, while a similar aft arrangement (where?) would do the same job for your feet.
Having spent 2 years hammocking on my one and only frigate, and then a weekend in 1999 or thereabouts watchkeeping on the "Endeavour" sold me on hammocks. A wonderful way to kip in roughers, once everyone starts swinging in unison.

(Edit: LOL as I write)
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”