• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

FYI: "Fully restored" A25 in Florida

Albin's "power cruisers"
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

FYI: "Fully restored" A25 in Florida

Post by Bob Noodat »

Found on Tampa CL:
20210206_074048.jpg
20210206_073825.jpg

"Transom widened and extended" sounds interesting....

20210206_074541.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: FYI: "Fully restored" A25 in Florida

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Definitely sounds interesting. Guess the extended transom makes it 27 or 28 LOA?

Also interesting hard top & roof hatch treatment, similar to what I did to ours, but this one has non-skid paint, implying that in can be walked on? Nice restoration, everything repainted although I'm not too crazy about a dark blue hull. $35K? A lot of money until you see what comparable size "pocket trawlers" like Ranger & Nordic tugs & C-Dorys go for. I've got about that much or more "invested" in mine already. I also prefer a cockpit enclosure that can make it a closed or screened in "cabin" like space rather that just an open air space shaded with a simple bimini.
tampaAlbin25top.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

I'm sure there won't be any profit for him at 35k.

Is stern squatting and bow lifting considered to be a problem on A25s?
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Stern squatting is not a problem with the A25 unless an owner has over powered it.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

The earlier version does not have the slight recurve built into the hull. When they went to the Super Deluxe 36HP models, they put the curve in to bring the nose down with all that extra juice. So I understand.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

Both of which immediately preceding posts make sense, thanks.

No doubt this widened and lengthened stern was designed by a qualified marine architect and is therefore a sound modification.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Stern squatting is not a problem with the A25 unless an owner has over powered it.
Or aft cabin weighted down with too much stuff. Plus I've got 90 to 100 lbs (40 to 45 kg) worth of Gig Harbor dinghy hanging on stern davits plus a 30 lb (14 kg) small outboard motor on a bracket on the swim platform.
20190615_142006.jpg
20190615_142351.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

Ingenious, DA!

But yes, that sounds like quite a burden on your hinder end.
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 pm Definitely sounds interesting. Guess the extended transom makes it 27 or 28 LOA?

Also interesting hard top & roof hatch treatment, similar to what I did to ours, but this one has non-skid paint, implying that in can be walked on? Nice restoration, everything repainted although I'm not too crazy about a dark blue hull. $35K? A lot of money until you see what comparable size "pocket trawlers" like Ranger & Nordic tugs & C-Dorys go for. I've got about that much or more "invested" in mine already. I also prefer a cockpit enclosure that can make it a closed or screened in "cabin" like space rather that just an open air space shaded with a simple bimini.

tampaAlbin25top.jpg
We are actually considering long term options (5 years or so) like the tugs if we were to sell our MaryJo while we travel the world the next few years and aside from having a shiny new boat, just didn’t like the layout! We love our enclosure and although our dingy also adds weight aft, it’s just so much better positioned than where the options would be for outboards like the rangers.
500278E9-B0B6-4798-B95E-685DEAA4018A.jpeg
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Did u gus see the dutch one that looked like a modern sailboat in the stern. Had a stair made.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

tribologist wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 pm Did u guys see the dutch one that looked like a modern sailboat in the stern. Had a stair made.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

tribologist wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 pm
Did u guys see the dutch one that looked like a modern sailboat in the stern. Had a stair made.
I did once see an extended discussion in another forum where a fellow described hacking the transom off his A25, hacking the bow section off a small sailboat, and making what he claimed was a canoe-stern Albin. Miscegenation was the kindest term I would apply to that, and all the other terms that occurred to me contained fewer syllables and were unprintable.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”