• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yikes -- Cummins power!

Albin's "power cruisers"
Kkelly27
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Oakdale, NY

Re: Yikes -- Cummins power!

Post by Kkelly27 »

motthediesel wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:51 am '88 Albin 27 SC for sale in Maine -- 210 hp B6T Cummins!

I'd be interested to see some performance numbers on that one.

<>
Update - Cummins overheated last month and has to be rebuilt/replaced so I'm getting rid of the boat. The motor qualifies for Cummins recon program where they get around EPA rules and are allowed to replace the motor with a brand new rebuilt one with warranty... Cummins still builds the 6BT so it's a plug and play swap. Let me know if anyone here is interested in the boat - '92 SC with 523 hours. Everything, except the motor :( , works on the boat and it's located on Long Island NY in Oakdale.
Last edited by Kkelly27 on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'92 Albin Express Cummins 6BT
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

motthediesel wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Bob Noodat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:07 pm
Dieselram94 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:08 am One thing is for sure the 6bt Cummins is arguably the most legendary and most reliable diesel ever built!
Expression of religious beliefs is generally frowned upon in this kind of recreational forum
Good one Bob! :lol:

I've spent a good bit of time in the "Church of Cummins" myself, but I do try to keep a more ecumenical outlook. :wink:
We need to get into the subject of turntables.... Linn LP12 to be precise....
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Post by motthediesel »

Ha! Well, I don’t have a Linn, but I do have an old wood-base Rec-O-Kut. Now THERE is a mid-century audiophile classic!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”