• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Exhaust hose diameters

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Exhaust hose diameters

Post by tribologist »

Hi,

Do anyone know what the hose barb diameter is for the feed through through the transom on a non deluxe A25? I'm planning to get rid of the scary elastomuffle football this spring. Centek has a nice little check valve in about that size I'm considering putting in that has 2" fittings. My engine has a 1-1/2 SCH 40 Pipe coming out of the mixing elbow so thats 1.9" The hose I can see is marked 2"

Ulf
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Plum76
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Traverse City, Mi

Re: Exhaust hose diameters

Post by Plum76 »

I haven't chased my exhaust all the way back to the transom, but believe I have been buying 2" goodyear hose as a replacement size. Based on my actual thru-transom exhaust fitting, would appear to be consistent all the way back. This is on my 1970 with the AD21 motor.

Interested to hear about your check valve, wouldn't mind a little extra insurance if it's a good fit.

JP
Plum76
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Traverse City, Mi

Post by Plum76 »

Plum76 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:13 am I haven't chased my exhaust all the way back to the transom, but believe I have been buying 2" goodyear hose as a replacement size. Based on my actual thru-transom exhaust fitting, would appear to be consistent all the way back. This is on my 1970 with the AD21 motor.

Edit - I just had my exhaust repaired with a 2" hose barb, the existing condition was some remnant of 2" threads that were very much worse for wear/age, so I figured I'd have it repaired/replaced while I had it out. Local shop fitted a 2" stainless hose barb as a repair, should be more reliable than what I started with..

Interested to hear about your check valve, wouldn't mind a little extra insurance if it's a good fit.

JP
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ulf,
If by chance we get to meet up this summer will be interesting to compare our power plant setups. Our boats being one hull number apart should have the same port side exhaust outlet. I have not had to mess with the exhaust system other than pulling & inspecting the exhaust elbow for rust issues (it was in good shape) & the transom fitting appears to be original bronze. There is a check valve under the quarter berth in the aft cabin. The Vernalift muffler was installed circa 1990 during the repower to Yanmar 3GM30F at least two PO's back. One thing, our boat has a persistent slight 1 degree or so starboard list especially when the fuel tank is half or less full. But in a way that's good because it helps keep the exhaust outlet above water.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”