• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Who has done long range cruising with the A-25?

Albin's "power cruisers"
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Searsport, Maine & Jacksonville Beach, Florida

Who has done long range cruising with the A-25?

Post by Scudrunner »

I know DesertAlbin736 has done some great cruising and posted some awesome videos. I've also seen some videos from Swedish owners. I'd really like to see other owners and hear about their cruising experiences.

I'll start a video blog soon of my prepping the boat for cruising. With the hope of doing the first real cruise to the Bahamas in the spring of 2022 with my oldest son, Jeff. I'll follow that up with a cruise around Maine's waters in the Summer of 2023, then down the ICW to Ft. Jefferson, Florida. I'll have one GoPro filming from the helm and my other at the ready. I'll also be taking drone footage from time to time with my DJI Mavic Pro.

Any thoughts?
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Re: Who has done long range cruising with the A-25?

Post by Dieselram94 »

I’d love to see your videos after you make them!!!
Not enough videos from the US on YouTube. If you do cruise Maine’s waters n the future I’d be very interested in those videos.
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

We'll put in at Searsport go around the north end of Islesboro to my boyhood summer home, Casting, on to Eggemoggin and to MDI and Bar Harbor. On the way down, we'll cross to Vinalhaven then south... Not sure where next, Booth Bay maybe.
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Post by 11kolive »

We posted a blog about one of our cruises into British Columbia awhile ago.
http://princesslouisa2010.blogspot.com/

Not a video but it was a fantastic cruise!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Go for it! Will be looking for your V blogs. When you pull into Bar Harbor don't forget to call the 'Bah Habbah Habbah Mahstah'
20170905_144035 (1280x720).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

I did see your video and should've commented on it. Very good!
11kolive wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:27 pm We posted a blog about one of our cruises into British Columbia awhile ago.

Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Dieselram94 »

Scudrunner wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:23 pm We'll put in at Searsport go around the north end of Islesboro to my boyhood summer home, Casting, on to Eggemoggin and to MDI and Bar Harbor. On the way down, we'll cross to Vinalhaven then south... Not sure where next, Booth Bay maybe.
I have a mooring in Rockland harbor I sometimes have empty if you need one to use for a few days.
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Dieselram94 »

Dieselram94 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:35 pm
Scudrunner wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:23 pm We'll put in at Searsport go around the north end of Islesboro to my boyhood summer home, Casting, on to Eggemoggin and to MDI and Bar Harbor. On the way down, we'll cross to Vinalhaven then south... Not sure where next, Booth Bay maybe.
I have a mooring in Rockland harbor I sometimes have empty if you need one to use for a few days.
Castine is a cool place, we did the hike there last summer at the old fort.
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

I might take you up on that after I leave Vinalhaven. I have a couple favorite anchorages in the Vinalhaven islands.
Dieselram94 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:36 pm
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Dieselram94 »

Scudrunner wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:45 pm I might take you up on that after I leave Vinalhaven. I have a couple favorite anchorages in the Vinalhaven islands.
Dieselram94 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:36 pm

Of course, just let me know. It would be cool to see another A25
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

11kolive wrote
We posted a blog about one of our cruises into British Columbia awhile ago.
Yes, by sheer coincidence we have a picture of our boat in the same place in front of Chatterbox Falls during our 2016 cruise.
DSCF3610crop.jpg
That was the time we had to get towed...
20160711_091513-1-1.jpg
by this boat....
20180814_091730edit.jpg
The year before we had stopped for lunch at Vienna, MD on the Nanticoke River
DSCN2845 (1280x960).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

Scudrunner wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:27 pm I did see your video and should've commented on it. Very good!
11kolive wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:27 pm We posted a blog about one of our cruises into British Columbia awhile ago.

I did see and read the blog. I guess as I read it I pictured/remembered it as a video. It was very well documented.
kplodi
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Erie Canal, New York State

Post by kplodi »

I look forward to your A25 videos going to the Bahamas! There was an A25 sitting on the hard on Elbow Cay in the Abacos for years. I suppose it was destroyed with the last hurricane, Dorian I believe. We've taken our A25 from the Finger Lakes, down the east coast, Chesapeake Bay, Potomac River to DC, to FL Keys, Okeechobee, St. John's River and back home one season. I remember a sport fisherman on his massive yacht ask how much diesel we had used for our travels to which he replied, "I use that much in a day."
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Olympia WA

Post by SalishAire »

We haven't hit the water yet with Hyacinth but she is being fitted out as a "1 - 3 month" boat. Our Spring plan is to take her up the Inside Passage from Olympia to SE Alaska to visit places and friends we established in previous trips. If anyone else will be in the area we will be on AIS and look forward to seeing other like boats. (Any BC boaters on the list?)
Norman and Clarice Gregory
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
https://claricenorman.blogspot.com/
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

kplodi,

Kudos to you for doing all that you've done. Were you the other A25 that met up with "Driftless" in the Macedon area last month? That run across the Erie Canal & down the east coast is a long slog. Too much for us (both in our 70s now). We did half of the Canal from Tonawanda to Baldwinsville & Lake Onondaga and that was enough with heat, humidity, storms, & rain. We're done with the East Coast & no plans to go back with our own boat. Of course for us it was a 4,800 mile road trip out & back. That was an expensive trip for one week on the canal, $4,000 for truck fuel, meals, hotel rooms (too hot to camp), dock fees, etc. $32 for boat fuel was the least of our expenses & not counting paying for lawn & pool service at home while we were away.

We also did part of the Chesapeake in 2015, down the Nanticoke River from Blades, DE, over to Solomons, St. Leonards Creek, Cambridge, Oxford, & St. Michaels & back. Usually about 6 weeks afloat is the extent of long distance cruising. By that time we're ready to head back home, which usually involves several days on the road trailering each way up & back. If it were up to me & could afford it I'd move us up to NW Washington. But all the kids & grandkids are here & for what we could get out of our house here we'd have much less up there.

SalishAire,
Can't promise anything, but we'd like to return to the San Juans & Gulf Islands again next year, & perhaps some of Puget Sound which would be our 5th time on the Salish Sea with our boat, 6th time counting a bareboat charter out of Bellingham in 2011. Hopefully COVID will be fully over by then & no trouble getting into Canada. Comox & Desolation Sound is as far north as we've been so far & maybe the Broughtons would the next farthest we'd go next, but not all the way to Alaska. Once you've done the Pacific NW it's hard to get excited about anywhere else.
DSCN2886.JPG
2018 cruise map.jpg
DSCN4226R.jpg
20210808_134746.jpg
20210813_081515.jpg
20210819_102640.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”