• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 FC Aft cabin doors

Albin's "power cruisers"
Mcaron255
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Tarpon Springs Florida

Albin 27 FC Aft cabin doors

Post by Mcaron255 »

This may upset the purists but in the process of restoring our newly acquired 27FC we found the inserts of our aft cabin doors are delaminating. They appear to be plywood inserts trimmed with teak. We looked at the cost of wood replacement compared to King Starboard and decided to go with the Starboard. If there is interest I will post pictures of the installation.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Albin 27 FC Aft cabin doors

Post by tego »

I've seen the same doors on a 27FC where they have just sanded the panels, sealed them and then painted the inner panels white and they looked good! You may have a problem sealing the wood/starboard joint, as not much adheres to the starboard. Good luck. Ben '87 27FC #302

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”