• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 rear deck engine vent terminations

Albin's "power cruisers"
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Re: A25 rear deck engine vent terminations

Post by ssrig »

WillieC wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:42 pm Ssrig, do you recall the make or have a pic?
I am waiting to hear back from Stefan. The shipping from Sweden looks pretty steep. Maybe it goes through the Suez Canal?
I tried posting a pic of mine but I get a http error message?
Pretty sure I have a pic on my thread somewhere.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

Some pics here on page 8
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11164&start=105
Half way down the page, they were Saltydog brand bought at a marine store and I have seen them often.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Thanks, Yves. I think I will go with DA's suggestion.

We LOVED Ganges! Though it's been a couple years now. Best Market ever, though there is plenty of competition. We bypassed Ganges on the DS trip, but made our way there the last time we crossed the border. It is now on our must stop lists, if the border ever reopens.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

tribologist wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:39 am I have one that I would be willing to give away. Its weathered but usable. A coat with plastic Rustoleum would make it shine. I need to get the dimensions from it first to make a CAD model. I had it as a spare but if one of mine breaks I just print one.
Have you made the file yet for your printer? I'm eyeing a 3d printer myself, and it would be nice to have the file, if you're willing to share. My rear vents have some broken pieces, and I was considering glassing new pieces in, but 3d printing new parts sounds like a better plan.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

I have not but I will now..
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Its up there now. The outer is not the easiest part to print. It needs supports under the dome.

I will give it a try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

I just bought a dremel. In another fifty years or so I should be ready for 3D printing.

Good for you guys dragging us Luddites into the new age.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Actually, Look on your local FB market place page. There are tons of 3D hammers looking for Filament nails... There are so many people oth there with printers looking to print something more fun then baby Yodas..
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

I know nothing about 3D printing but I question what type of material can be used, I would be concerned with sun deterioration?

Rick, that’s too funny!
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Sunlight deterioration is a real thing. The guts of the original stainless covered vents, ahem, approaching FIFTY YEARS OLD, just crumbled when touched, sort of like when they discovered King Tut's tomb. If I can get the new vents to last five years, I'll call it a success. Though I am not terribly impressed with the plastic spray paint I bought. Is Testers still around? Remember all those botched plastic models we used to assemble and ended up glue sniffers? All it did was make me puke.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

hetek wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:32 am I bought a pair of vents from Albinmotor last year but also threw in some other bits with the order. Shipping was up there but not unbearable, considering.

I must have looked like a Swedish kid on Christmas opening the box when it arrived.
How did the winter go for you. Are you meeting up with us and James K on LIS this summer?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Tribologist -

Funny you should ask.

I was just thinking of my "need to do" list...

I came across the subject of trailer brakes (I have none to speak of) and realized that I might be able to splash without them (very short ride to the ramp). I can always do my brakes during the summer and much easier to work on if the boat was off.

Win-win!

Timing is a bit off now but this should be the year!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Just did all my axles and brakes today while lifting up the trailer. They looked really good. I coated everything except the braking surfaces with outboard corrosion guard. Cheapest place for brake part is the trailer superstore. I think they are in NJ. Send some updates on the boat. That thing is fabulous.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

WillieC wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:31 pm Sunlight deterioration is a real thing. The guts of the original stainless covered vents, ahem, approaching FIFTY YEARS OLD, just crumbled when touched, sort of like when they discovered King Tut's tomb. If I can get the new vents to last five years, I'll call it a success. Though I am not terribly impressed with the plastic spray paint I bought. Is Testers still around? Remember all those botched plastic models we used to assemble and ended up glue sniffers? All it did was make me puke.

LOL Testor still makes stuff. THe Krylon outdoor stuff holds up quite well. ASA plastic is what people use for outdoor stuff. I made all new tops for the pool rail. Will see how that goes.

I saw some nice alternatives for vents on the Swedish Albin FB pages. You got to love the Yellow Norwegian A25!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”