• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

gunnel support- fishing rod holders

Albin's "power cruisers"
rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Harpswell, Maine

gunnel support- fishing rod holders

Post by rockycoastcruises »

I was thinking of removing and/or replacing the fishing rod holders on my A27sport that are in poor condition. I can see that they are firmly attached under the full width of the gunnel and extend all the way to the deck. I would have to make my own to replace what is there or buy new but they only (and easily) mount along the inside of the wall of the hull and fall short of reaching the gunnel or deck. Does anybody have experience or an opinion on this as to the function of these rod holders with regards to adding support to the wide gunnels and whether it is important to replace with the same as the original or add some support to the underside of the gunnel in a different way.
Thanks,
Joe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”