• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Refrigerator Recommendations

Albin's "power cruisers"
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Searsport, Maine & Jacksonville Beach, Florida

Re: Refrigerator Recommendations

Post by Scudrunner »

tribologist wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:01 pm Setpower 47 Quarts 12 Volt Refrigerator, Portable Freezer Fridge, 0℉-50℉, DC 12/24V, AC 110-240V, Car Refrigerator for Travel, Camping, Road Trip, RV
Visit the Setpower Store
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 ratings
Price: $369.00
I checked the Setpower 47 out today. I did a Google search and found several positive reviews and a few great videos. I decided on this unit and purchased a 5 year warrant on Amazon. I'll let you know the actual dimensions when I get it. I'll also put a review for other Albiners.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Sounds good. When you get it we can do a zoom meeting and check the dimensions in the boat and update the model and drawings.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

The Setpower is a bit wider. You might have to open up the hole about 1"-2" on each side. We will need a 30-32" wide hole in the side. By using 3/8 plywood for the sides etc there are some to gain. Looks good otherwise but the dimension in the amazon page cant be fully trusted . We will see when you get it. Would be cool to have the actual CAD model. I have a detailed solid model of the engine in mine. (Isuzu 3CB1 I also have the Yanmar 3YM30.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
sailonset
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

Post by sailonset »

We have an Engel MR040F-U1 which our two 110 SunPower panels kept running all summer long.
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

I received my Setpower 47 unit and tested it out. I am super impressed with it so far. I set it at 6 degrees and it froze solid a two gallon jug of water in less than 8 hours. I then set it on low power at 41 degrees and monitored it hourly, adding milk, as well as other things from room temperature and it held 41 degrees pretty steady. A person could use it as freezer for frozen goods and to make ice blocks for a cooler. Use the cooler for perishable and/or fish.

It is big and the cabinet will need to be sawed out some. It's 19" High, 28" Wide, 16" deep.

tribologist wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:01 pm Setpower 47 Quarts 12 Volt Refrigerator, Portable Freezer Fridge, 0℉-50℉, DC 12/24V, AC 110-240V, Car Refrigerator for Travel, Camping, Road Trip, RV
Visit the Setpower Store
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 ratings
Price: $369.00
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

K. I will update the model and the drawings
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

Awesome, thank you.
tribologist wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:20 pm K. I will update the model and the drawings
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/83b5a ... f40acc63ee

Sorry for the delay. Got all the drawings made and updated. Use the link and print them from onshape. Please let me know if you like to change anything.

Head over to Harbor freight and pick up that 10" bandsaw.....

Please measure the depth at the lower edge of the hole so we can make sure its not bottoming out. You need a tad over 11" as it is drawn now.
You need 11inch.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

Thanks for the drawings. No need to be sorry, I appreciate the help. I've had a crazy summer and too busy to work on the boat... I haven't even put her in the water. I have a Fall and Spring projects now to get ready to take the boat to Maine next Summer.

After buying the Setpower 47 and seeing how much I'll have to cut away, I sold it and now buying the Setpower AJ30. My battery bank will sit nicely under the refrigerator.
tribologist wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:41 pm https://cad.onshape.com/documents/83b5a ... f40acc63ee

Sorry for the delay. Got all the drawings made and updated. Use the link and print them from onshape. Please let me know if you like to change anything.

Head over to Harbor freight and pick up that 10" bandsaw.....

Please measure the depth at the lower edge of the hole so we can make sure its not bottoming out. You need a tad over 11" as it is drawn now.

You need 11inch.JPG
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

17 qt less food! Lol! We ended up buying a second 47 qt that we have between the rear bunks. Let me know if you still plan to do a slide out. Its easy to update the geometry.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
whitelightning
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by whitelightning »

I have an ICECO VL45 on my A27. I keep it in the cockpit with an optional insulator. It works great for me. Keeps a case of beer and weeks worth of food cold flawlessly. It also makes for a great place for the old lady to hang out. The biggest plus is that it runs on AC or DC and uses very little power once it's cooled down. It's also very affordable.
16331841597401481164269908854001.jpg
1988 A27 FC 'White Lightning'
Eastern North Carolina

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”