• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
paulrhein
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cinco Bayou Florida

Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by paulrhein »

I would like to invite any members who own an Albin Cruiser 25 or 27 to join our group on Facebook. We currently have over 550 members from all around the world. Since the Yahoo group has been shut down I feel this is the next best group. I know there are a few who do not trust Facebook and my best suggestion is to make a fake email address and use it to join Facebook. I have done the same and also use it on websites that I don't trust with my personal email address.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/898145276863354

Paul Rhein
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by tribologist »

I use both. Facebook is useless to find old posts and relevant data. Its great for little social interaction and quick stuff. Documenting a restauration, a trailer project or similar is not worthwhile there. Putting it here preserves it for a long time (I hope)

I just hope mr Collins get the image compression working. I have avoided posting here due to the image size limit making it way too tedious to post from a iphone. .
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

Paul.... when I look at your Facebook page, I see nothing obvious telling people about AOG.

Symbiosis, so they say, is a two-way street!
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

tribologist wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:52 pm I use both. Facebook is useless to find old posts and relevant data. Its great for little social interaction and quick stuff. Documenting a restauration, a trailer project or similar is not worthwhile there. Putting it here preserves it for a long time (I hope)

I just hope mr Collins get the image compression working. I have avoided posting here due to the image size limit making it way too tedious to post from a iphone. .
Worked on this the other day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Bob Noodat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:18 pm Paul.... when I look at your Facebook page, I see nothing obvious telling people about AOG.

Symbiosis, so they say, is a two-way street!
...and I thought it was just me.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

By contrast, if you check out the European Albin 25 FB page:
https://m.facebook.com/albin25motor/
you will find near the top a permanent line of "related pages", including websites. I think it ought to be possible for Paul to do this and include a link to this forum, which would be of mutual benefit and certainly foster goodwill with AOG diehards.
20210415_081549.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

The Albin25Motor is quite dead. The Swedish Albin 25 ägare is real busy but google translate can only do so much.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

tribologist wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:13 am The Albin25Motor is quite dead. The Swedish Albin 25 ägare is real busy but google translate can only do so much.
That was not my point. My point was to show that it is easily possible on a FB page to have a permanent set of links to related or recommended sites. Paul's page is just fine, but increasingly is garnering posts that deserve archiving as Albin source material. It is a pity that this kind of material will merely evaporate into the Facebook ether. Paul's page and this site should be complementary, but I get the impression they are competitors at present. That is also a pity.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Bb, Got that. The FB A25 A27 page is quite nice and I post there quite often. The Swedish one is the funniest.... Its like hanging out on a boat launch on Memorial day...

Paul, the thing that is not so nice is that 6 out of your 12 posts on AO is to promote your FB group.. Its kind of like running around at the local bait store telling people to go to Cabelas. It highly unlikely that a FB user that is a member here is unaware of the few Albin FB pages out there.

I will link to specific writeups located here on the FB groups as I find suitable. FB is useless as a storage of information or build logs. That kind of information is best done on forums. A fundamental issue with FB is that you can't add multiple images in a reply and the threads dies very fast. On a phpBB forum you can have very long threads that are easy to find. In a way I think it would be good if one could see the images etc without having to register but I can see the issue with heavy downloading from bots and search engines that will mess up the server traffic..
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”