• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Screws #8x1” matching the A25 slotted

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Screws #8x1” matching the A25 slotted

Post by tribologist »

I just started to install all the plywood after my thruster-tank install. I’m not a fan of slotted screws so i bought a 100 bag of #8x1” flat heads at Mertons fiberglass for a few buck. It turns ot that they have the exact same pitch on the thread and just a tad larger diameter. Maybe its standard but it was somewhat surprising to me that a 50 year old Swedish made screw had the same pitch.

Im actually ordering a 100 bag of pretty much all the sizes they have. Im sick and tired of paying 30-50 cent/screw at my local hardware store and this way i will get rid of the slotted screws one by one. https://www.mertons.com/Fastenings/index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Re: Screws #8x1” matching the A25 slotted

Post by motthediesel »

That’s a good deal!

I would advise everyone to also consider finding and supporting a local commercial fastener supply. I use Hiawatha Fastener in Watertown NY, but these businesses are available all across the country. Great selection, knowledgeable help, and prices that are a small fraction of what you would pay in a big-box store.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Screws #8x1” matching the A25 slotted

Post by tribologist »

Mertons is where i get pretty much all my glass stuff. They are about 40 min away. (DA Steve, Same distance but opposite direction to Defender, lol!!!). Mr Merton is fantastic to work with and they sell quite a bit of resin so their stuff stay fresh. I never realized how good prices they had on fasteners. I think they supply a lot of boatbuilders in NE.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”