• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 Placebo from Wahington DC to Blades Delaware

Albin's "power cruisers"
qboat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Lewes DE

Albin 25 Placebo from Wahington DC to Blades Delaware

Post by qboat »

I ran Placebo from Ft Washington Md down the Potomac, across the Chesapeake, up Tangier sound to the Nanticoke River and up to Blades, DE Friday and Saturday. I learned a lot about her. First, Dale, her former owner, is a gentleman, who went to a lot of effort to have her ready to go when I was ready to pick her up. Second, the engine, a low-hours four cyl. Kabota, marinized by a Btitish Columbia outfit, at 26 hp had plenty of power for this hull, and was smooth and ran like a sewing machine. Third, this hull is beautiful in a chop, and roly in a beam sea, but very comfortable overall. Third, you can run 160 n. miles in two days, if you are motivated, or a nut. I was both, maybe, based on bad weather reports. In two 13 hour days at the helm, I had her in her new home in Delaware. Not a pleasure cruise, but one to remember, for sure, and the boat performed magnificently. Sam
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Re: Albin 25 Placebo from Wahington DC to Blades Delaware

Post by Bob Noodat »

Congratulations! And well done. Quite an adventure on such short acquaintance with a boat. I hope you had time to take a few pictures. That's a hint.....
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Nicely done! We've done a few twelve hour days and a fifteen once that ended in standing waves. NOT recommended.

Sounds like you got a very solid boat. Yes, pics are required. HA!
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Post by motthediesel »

Sounds like a solid shake-down for the boat and it’s new skipper — congratulations!

Also — much envy from those of us with their boats still on the hard :wink:
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”